Investment Homes For Sale In Alexandria La
Real estate is a prime example of a tangible asset. Why purchase a stock or bond when you can feel, see, and touch a parcel of property. And though no investment is 100% secure, there is a reason people all over the world invest a chunk of their nest egg into property. Let's take a minute to learn more about real estate investing in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Reasons To Consider Investing In Real Estate
- Appreciation over time-- Markets go up and down, but over the long term time is the investor's friend.
- Asset diversification-- As mentioned earlier, real estate is a tangible asset. Why invest 100% of your money in stocks or bonds? Diversification helps minimize risk.
- Flexibility-- Short term profit (flip) or long term return (rentals). Residential, commercial, or even multi-family.
- Generating multiple income streams-- Given the instability in the economy, having income from property is a great way to supplement a salary.
- Retirement savings you can control-- Buy rentals now, then sell off one or two every so often during your golden years.
Steps To Take When Purchasing Investment Properties In Alexandria La
- Have a plan-- Whats the goal for the year, three years, five years down the road?
- Purchase with an eye on the bottom line, not based on your tastes- The goal of investment properties is to make money. Investors get in trouble when they upgrade to their tastes, not what the market will support
- Decide how to fund the endeavor-- Will you pay Cash, or get a loan. I advise a relationship with a trusted local lender. Need a referral? Simple reach out to me.
- Know what you are doing, or make friends with someone who does-- Don't be afraid to reach out of help. Admitting "I don't know" and seeking help can avoid a costly mistake.
- Target your ideal property-- Do you want nicer homes (higher initial investment, lower risk) or "ugly horses" (lower purchase price, may need a total renovation).
- Go in with your eyes open-- Know the area you are targeting, and consider a professional home inspection.
Ready to take the next step? Call Doug Rogers (318) 613-1994 with Bayou Properties Realty today! Click
Investment Homes In Alexandria La to explore local MLS inventory.
Should I Flip Or Should I Lease