The city of Linden is located in southeastern Union County and is home to nearly 41,000 people. Here's what you need to know about Linden real estate this month.
Inventory: There are currently 268 homes listed for sale in Linden which is about equal to the 12 month average and slightly lower than May of 2015. Nineteen homes were sold in May - nearly 30% lower than the 12 month average and 17% lower than May of 2015. Linden is currently experiencing a strong buyer's market and home sellers who are interested in selling their home may want to consider ways to make their home more attractive to buyers.
Prices: The average home sold in Linden in May was sold for $209,177. This is 4% lower than the 12 month average and nearly exactly the same as May of 2015. While prices continue to fluctuate from month to month in Linden, there is a slight improvement over 4 years. The straight red line in this graph is the trend line which eliminates seasonal variation and looks at the overall price trends in Linden. It shows an improvement of about 6% over 4 years.
Days on Market: Homeowners who have made the decision to sell their homes are often anxious to get it sold quickly. In Linden, homes aren't selling as quickly as other parts of Union County. The average home that was sold in Linden in May was sold after 75 days on the market - this is pretty significantly faster than the 12 month average of 89 days and more than 25% faster than last May.
Homebuyers and investors who are looking to make a purchase may consider Linden a good deal at this point. Interest rates are low and Linden prices aren't climbing as quickly as other towns.
If you're thinking of buying or selling a home in Linden, Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way!
For more information on the Linden Real Estate Market:
- Real Estate Market Report - Linden, NJ - May, 2016
- Linden Real Estate Market Report - April 2016
- Real Estate Market Update - Linden, NJ - September 2015
- Linden Real Estate Market Report - August, 2015
- How Long will it take to Sell My Linden House? July 2015
- Buying or Selling a House in Linden - July 2015
- The Linden Real Estate Market Report for the First Quareter of 2015
- Linden Real Estate Market Report - January, 2015
- Strong Buyers Market in Linden - June 21, 2014
- Linden and Rahway Real Estate - May 17 2014
- Rahway and Linden Real Estate Market Report - April 17, 2014
- Buyers Market in Rahway and Linden - 3/8/2014
- Single Family Homes for sale in Linden and Rahway - 1/1/2014
- The Linden Market Report - 11/2013
- How's Linden's Real Estate Market? October, 2013
- Linden Real Estate Market Report for August, 2013 - 08/15/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report - August 2013 - 08/05/13
- Linden Months of Supply - 07/12/13
- How does the Months Supply in Rahway affect sellers? - 07/10/13
- Sell my home in Rahway! - 07/02/13
- Sell my Linden home! - 06/25/13
- Beautiful 3 BR home in Linden offered for sale! - 06/01/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report - April, 2013 - 05/26/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report - April, 2013 - 05/27/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report - January-March, 2013 - 04/20/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report - January-March, 2013 - 04/05/13
- 602 W. Curtis Street, Linden - 04/04/13
- Rahway, NJ - A brief historical look - 03/04/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- The Winter Real Estate Market in Rahway - 02/23/13
- For Sale - 904 Kent Place, Linden - 12/10/12
- Buying or Selling a Home in Rahway, NJ - 01/12/13
- Linden Real Estate Market - 2012 in Review - 01/07/13
- Still a Buyer's Market in Linden! - 10/29/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Linden? - 10/14/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Rahway? - 10/15/12
- Free Market Analysis of Linden, NJ - 07/30/12
- Linden, NJ, Market Report - 1st half of 2012 - 07/09/12
- Free Market Report of Rahway Homes! - 08/13/12
- Rahway Market Trends - 03/25/12