Here are few tips to help you update your kitchen on a limited budget.
- Paint Kitchen Cabinets – One of the most popular trends is the Rustoleum cabinet kit as it’s easy to use and economical. The Rustoleum cabinet kit has detailed step by video instruction in the kit to help.
2. Change A Few Cabinet Doors To Glass or Fretwork – This is a small insider designer tips to that update could make an ordinary kitchen look like a showpiece.
3. Change Your Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Handles – This small change could make the difference between an ordinary and a statement kitchen. Try something that you’ll like but not too personal, avoid getting unique pieces such as knife and spoons.
4. Add Backsplash – Most backsplash area has limited square footage of around 10 – 40 square feet. If you purchase tiles for approx. $10 per square foot this could keep your budget down.
5. Update or Replace Countertop – We know what you’re thinking…. You’re probably thinking replacing countertops will be expensive. The good news, there are options to keep your budget economical. Checkoutthe Rustoleum Countertop kit that’s gaining popularity because it’s economical and easy to use.
Another option is laminate, the design and quality has improved over the years and they even have some new beautiful stone look at affordable prices. Visit www.Homedepot.com or www.Lowes.com for options.
6. Replace Faucet –This is kind of like adding icing to your cake.
7. Change Old and Dirty Switch Plates – This is one of the most economical tip that sadly most homeowners miss. Nothing says dated than an updated kitchen with old switch plates. Switch plates can be purchased starting at a dollar each, so for a few dollars go for it! You can try swapping out old and dirty plates for new white or stainless steel ones.
Hope you find this blog useful.
What are your thoughts on these cost effective ideas?
~ Milan ~