Even if you aren't looking to resell your home, but are looking for something that will make you feel like you have done some improvements, without breaking the bank OR take up all your time on Weekends......Tackle one at a time..
I'd start with the fan...
You'll be glad to have that done when you are painting the front door!
Home improvement projects can be bittersweet for sure. In fact, many ideas sound wonderful until you get into the nitty gritty of it and run into some issues. For the most part though, home improvement projects do pay off in the long run. You get to enjoy the end result of the renovation and should you decide to sell the home down the road you’ll reap the benefits.
What if you simply want to do some quick home improvement tasks? Is it possible?
Absolutely. Here are 7 wonderful home improvement projects that you can do in less than 24 hours:
1. Put in a new front doorknob. This might sound boring, but installing a gold or electronic keyed doorknob on the front door is a simple project that goes a long way. This only takes a short amount of time and will add some pizzazz to your front door.
2. Paint the front door. Painting the front door is a great way to liven up the front walkway. Go with a traditional color or opt for a bright color to make it pop.
3. Install walkway lights out front. Tired of not being able to see coming up the walk at night? Then install some walkway lights and brighten up your yard. Not only will you be able to see better, but it will give your yard some class.
4. Add numbers to your house. If you’ve got house numbers already, put some new ones up that give the house a little more oomph. If you don’t have any, it’s time to head to the store to purchase some, as this makes it much easier for people to find your home.
5. Change the fixtures. Maybe it’s time to update the bath and kitchen fixtures. Go with metal or wood, or both!
6. Put in a ceiling fan. For those hot summer days, a ceiling fan comes in handy and they only take a short amount of time to install. They come with directions, so be sure to read them carefully before tackling this project on your own.
7. Plant a herb garden. Who doesn’t love to add some flavorful herbs to their food? Go ahead and plant an herb garden on your patio or in your yard. You can plant a vertical or horizontal garden and let your imagination soar.
These are simple home improvement projects that you can do in less than one day. Go ahead and get started improving your home and enjoying the process. You never know when those improvements may pay off should you decide to sell your home down the road.
If you are seeking to purchase a home, sell a home, or you’re an investor in Southwest Florida (Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Naples, Estero, Lehigh Acres) please feel free to contact me, as I’d be more than happy to assist you.
Records Results Real Estate, Broker / Owner
Residential Sales and Property Managements Service