HARRY’S Top 10 Reasons for Obtaining a Mentor in Phoenix Real Estate Market
I have been a real estate agent since 2002. I was advised by many other matured real estate agents to find a mentor who will teach the business to you for two years. So, I found a mentor who was willing to mentor me for two years to show me the ropes to become a productive Phoenix Real Estate agent. Now, I am able to give back and mentor other Phoenix real estate agents by setting up my on own Phoenix real estate brokerage named Real Estate and Beyond, LLC.
Now, I spent the first fourteen years in corporate America. I was thrown into the real estate industry. However, I knew I had to obtain a mentor in order to survive in real estate. I needed someone to teach me the ropes. Real estate is very competitive. Many agents do not like to teach other new agents based on creating more competition in the field. Why? That was my question. There is enough business for everyone in this field. Senior agents brag about their knowledge. However, they are not willing to share it. Has anyone else experienced this practice?
HARRY’S Top 10 Reasons for Obtaining a Mentor in Phoenix Real Estate:
- Professional-Learn from a pro who has been in the business for ten years or more to obtain the same knowledge.
- Accountability-My mentor keep me honest with myself at each level. Quit the Long Ranger mentality.
- Focus-Mentor teaches you how to balance work and life as you start the real estate career.
- Questions-Mentors are there for you to ask as many questions as possible to increase experience.
- Mistakes-A good mentor will help you avoid rookie mistakes or walk you through a rookie mistake that happened in order not to do it, again.
- Goals-Mentor will help you set realistic goals to achieve.
- Best Interest- Mentor has your best interest in mind. Mentor wants to see you succeed.
- Investments-Mentor will walk you through a good real estate investment. This will save you money to avoid investing in the next big thing
- Network-A good mentor has an established Network in place for one to use in real estate. You do not have to create the wheel.
- Compass-Mentor will keep you going in the right direction at all times. A mentor will help you stay on course even when you want to quit.
I hope these reasons listed above motivate you to obtain your mentor today. The Phoenix real estate market will only become more competitive. The main reasons for me to obtain my mentor were item numbers #1, 2, and 8.