Summer in Door County: 2016 Real Estate Update.
It has been an incredible year for Door County real estate, with heavy activity starting early this year (April) as opposed to May, and both listing and sales traffic remain heavy as of this writing. How is the Door County real estate market?
What are the popular buys in Door County in the summer of 2016?
Here is a sampling of our Door County real estate market for the summer of 2016, where people are buying Door County real estate and what do do in Door County:
1. Ephraim, Wisconsin 54211. As always, the little village of Ephraim remains a top spot for real estate listings and sales. We have had VERY heavy activity on our Ephraim listing at 10027 North Dane Street. Ephraim residential condominiums are scarce and tend to sell quickly, but there is a current listing at Winding Brook Condominiums. Ephraim, Door County's "white village" is a favorite for its lovely shore and quaint downtown area, where the most popular attraction may be Wilson's Ice Cream. Grab a cone, take a walk to Ephraim's lovely public beach. Year-round population of Ephraim during the last census: 288!
2. Fish Creek, Wisconsin 54212. Fish Creek is a perennial favorite because of its many shops that are within walking distance, plus great dining and an active marina. Extremely popular in Fish Creek are waterfront properties for sale, and we are currently offering a lovely home at 8435 White Cliff Road in Fish Creek...250 feet of shore, 4 bedrooms, spa room, hickory wood floors and 3 fireplaces! If you're looking for the perfect "retirement" job, we also have The Juniper Inn for sale, one of Door County's most renowned B&B's. If you want to BUILD your Fish Creek dream home, we offer some of the finest land for sale available on desirable Gibraltar Bluff Road and Maple Grove Road, a combination of stone fences, meadow, hardwood and pines. Take a look at land for sale in Fish Creek here.
3. Sister Bay, Wisconsin 54234. Sister Bay has become the "it" village in Door County, and many people (visitors and residents alike) are rediscovering it for the first time with many new shops, Door County's best beach, the Sister Bay Beach, (completely redesigned), concerts in the park, and so much more. The new highway design allows people to walk from "uptown" Sister Bay to "downtown", and we have listings that allow you to walk to the beach, marina, and everything that is fun in Sister Bay (Al Johnson's new outdoor seating area and bar with family games, the new Wild Tomato facing the beach, and even live music nearly every night at Husby's Garage).
If you're looking for a fantastic home with "walkability" in Sister Bay, our Sister Bay condominium for sale at 10683 Woodcrest Lane is AMAZING. Walk the private wooded path downtown, or take a stroll down Sunset Lane to the Marina to view a sunset.
With all of the new businesses, many people are looking to start businesses in Sister Bay, and we offer commercial property in Sister Bay, too.
4. Baileys Harbor, WI 54202. Once known as "The Quiet Side", Baileys Harbor is THRIVING with new festivals, new businesses, a great farmer's market and more. People who love Lake Michigan love Baileys Harbor, and we have Baileys Harbor homes for sale at The Oaks Condominiums, featuring a truly lovely 3 bedroom home in the woods with a view of the charming downtown, as well as a FIVE BEDROOM waterfront homes for sale in Baileys Harbor on desirable Ridges Road, as well as a four bedroom home for sale on the extremely popular Kangaroo Lake, and a Baileys Harbor home for sale near the Cana Island Lighthouse at 8502 Bues Point Road. Baileys Harbor has become one of Door County's premier destinations--plan a visit soon.
5. Liberty Grove: The Town of Liberty Grove is comprised of Sister Bay, Ellison Bay, Gills Rock, Newport, Northport, Rowleys Bay and even portions of Ephraim and Baileys Harbor in our MLS. Liberty Grove remains TRUE Door County, the kind you remember from 20 years ago, with some of the most unspoiled Green Bay shorefront land for sale for building your Door County dream home on the Bay and beautiful Door County shorefront homes for sale that offer privacy and serenity--you are truly getting away from it all. We feature a Beach Road home water view home for sale with a pond on desirable Beach Road, one of Door County's best addresses for shore and view, as well as a pristine 3 bedroom home for sale at 2200 Green Road, Sister Bay (named for its leafy trees, a lovely canopy).
Liberty Grove is a popular area, yet it is the most unspoiled part of Door County. Liberty Grove is full of cherry and apple orchards and charming farms for sale in Door County, plus Door Bluff Park, Newport State Park, the Ellison Bay Beach, and so much more.
View a sunset at the overlook at the Ellison Bay Bluff Park on Porcupine Bay Road. Many people like to build new homes in Liberty Grove because of its choice of land. We offer a Door County vacant land search that concentrates on finding pristine vacant land for sale in Liberty Grove, from vacant lots with utilities to 20 acres of meadow land for sale in Gills Rock and if you want even more room to roam, 40 acres of meadow and woods for sale in northern Door County. You can even try our Door County vacant land search here. Visiting Liberty Grove should be on everyone's bucket list, and one of my favorite restaurants in the world, The Shoreline Restaurant, is located right at the tip in Gills Rock--waterfront dining, featuring the local commercial fisherman's fresh catch.
6. We can't mention summer in Door County without mentioning Egg Harbor, Wisconsin 54209. Some of our most popular homes are here, from Anchorage Cove to Rocky Shores and we can't forget The Shores Condominiums with its privacy and walk-out shore and so much more. Egg Harbor is well known for its many shops and interesting things to do, and is both a popular destination and a popular place to live, either seasonally or year-round.
Door County real estate has been very busy this summer! Summer in Door County 2016 has provided much to do and see and learn in our vibrant communities, and when you are ready to make Door County a permanent part of your life, please contact me. As a Certified Tourism Ambassador, I'll help you discover the parts of Door County that will allow us to find the perfect home, condominium or vacant land for your circumstances.