If you're looking at real estate you're likely to wonder about safety in addition to schools and other things. Metro Atlanta has 22 counties in it's "sprawl" so while Atlanta might not get great numbers you could still live driving distance to the big city and be in one of the safest communities.
Here's the top 5 Safest Cities In Georgia (Metro Atlanta) according to Niche.com. Some cities were left out of the study. My personal favorite, Buford (located in Gwinnett County) was not included in the study.
- Milton - Milton is the northern most city in Fulton County and is old horse farm land.
- Flowery Branch - The home to the Atlanta Falcons training camp. Flowery Branch is located on the north east corridor heading toward Gainesville, GA.
- Johns Creek - A relatively new city is one of the most popular. Previously some of the best parts of Duluth, Suwanee and Alpharetta were what is now known as Johns Creek.
- Braselton - Home to Chateau Elan and breifly own by Kim Bassinger, Braselton is barely considered "Metro Atlanta." It's located on what most would consider the last exit of Metro Atlanta. It's only 45 minutes to South Carolina from Braselton
- Alpharetta - this is metro Atlanta's number 1 relocation spot in my opinion. Great schools, great safety, convenient and plenty of local businesses for jobs.