10 steps to buying a Knoxville or Farragut Tennessee home

Real Estate Agent with RE/MAX Shoreline New Hampshire & Maine

Buying a new home in Knoxville or Farragut Tennessee is easier than you might think.

  1. Find a qualified Buyer’s Representative: Since most of us only buy real estate a few times in their lifetime doesn’t it make sense to have a Buyer’s Representative to provide complete and fair representation for you? The sellers already have a listing agent to look out for their best interests. As an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), I’m qualified to consult with you about buying and represent you in your home purchase.
Read the rest of this information article about buying and request a free "Homebuyer's Toolkit" here
Posted by

Jim Lee , REALTOR®, Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)

http://JimLee.com  RE/MAX Shoreline

100 Market St., Suite #200, , Portsmouth, NH 03801 Phone: (603) 431-1111 x3801

Visit New Hampshire Maine Real Estate.com to search homes, get Seacoast area information, and find out how great living on the New Hampshire and southern Maine Seacoast really is.


Follow RealtorJimLee on Twitter

Comments (2)

Associate Broker Falmouth MA Cape Cod Heath Coker
https://teamcoker.robertpaul.com - Falmouth, MA
Heath Coker Berkshire Hathaway HS Robert Paul Prop
Why not just look for an honest agent?  The  EBAs here are more interested in listing buyers before someone else than they are in "helping" a buyer buy a good property.  Although we will work as EBAs, we don't list buyers unless they require it.  We rely on them working with us because of how we help them, not because they owe us when they buy.
May 01, 2008 08:26 AM
Jim Lee, REALTOR Emeritus
RE/MAX Shoreline - Portsmouth, NH
Buying or Selling? Ann & Jim are the local experts

EBAs (exclusive buyer agents) by definition do not take listings ever but only represent buyers. If you or your firm takes listings you can't call yourself an exclusive buyer agent.

Also, different states have different agency laws. In Tennessee the default status for a real estate licensee is facilitator which is a non-agent status.  You can't be someone's "agent" in Tennessee unless you have a written agency agreement with them.

"honest" is also sort of a subjective term. I suspect you would have a hard time finding anyone that would describe themselves as dishonest. 

A buyer agency agreement defines in writing each sides obligations and responsibilities just like a listing contract or a sales contract. "helping" a buyer buy a good property is a legal and a business arrangement.

You do ask your sellers to sign a listing agreement don't you? Why is it different for a buyer? 


May 01, 2008 09:21 AM