ERIE, PA Tips for Great Open Houses
Yes, homes in Erie PA will sell at open house. Oh yes, there are the naysayers, "Open houses don't work." "Open houses are a waste of time." And on & on.
Well, I am here to say that open houses do work if you, the agent, work smart.
Here are SMART TIPS FOR GREAT OPEN HOUSES
** Select the right property
- High traffic area--not a busy thoroughfare, but popular location for your area
- Easy to find location--if you need ten directional signs prospective buyers will give up before they arrive at house
- Curb appeal--hosting an open on a property described as 'not a drive-by' won't get 'em inside the open either. You will observe them driving by . . . Don't waste your time.
- Clean, uncluttered interior
- Is the property priced to sell? Even an open house won't sell overpriced property
- Do not choose property that has been open numerous times
- Signs in front of property and directional signs placed earlier in week (if allowed by local zoning)
- Print media including newspaper, postcards, flyers
- TV Showcase of Homes
- Social Media to promote upcoming opens
- Flyers hand-delivered to neighbors
- Postcards to move-up neighborhoods
** Send Invitations
Would you plan a party and not invite people? Think of your next open house as an open house party. How might you get the word out? Who would you send an invitation to?
** Spread the News?
- Seller--ask seller to forward flyer about their open house to all their friends & family via e-mail and social media.
** Who do your invite?
One of the easiest and least expensive way to send invitation is by e-mail. Create an open house database. Send an invitation to your upcoming open houses. Ask the recipient to forward the e-mail to someone who might be interested in the property you are holding open.
People forward and re-forward jokes all the time. Why not your invitation to an open house this weekend?
- Neighbors--they may know someone who wants to live in their neighborhood
- Move-up buyers send invitations to neighborhoods most likely to move up in price to this one
- Target market: First-time buyers, executives, empty nesters
- Your buyer clients and people from past open houses
- Friends and family
- Past clients
And you say, "My past clients have already bought or sold with me. My family and friends aren't interested in buying or selling right now. Why would I want to bug them about my open house?"
Well, just think who is your best "fan base"? Past clients along with your close friends and family are already sold on the benefits of working with you. By inviting them to each open house you are keeping your name on the tip of their tongue so to speak. Let know you could use a little help getting the word out about your open house.
Most Open Houses in Erie area are held on Sunday and occasionally on Saturday or mid-week, called Twilight Open.
Upcoming Open Houses in Erie PA Search here
Yes, open houses do work if you, the agent, work smart.