We are fortunate here in the gated community of Big Canoe, Georgia to have a restaurant right on the premises at the Clubhouse on Lake Sconti. This restaurant, the Black Bear Pub has delicious offerings that run the gamut from hamburgers and pizza to prime rib and pasta. Chef Tulio even grows his own herbs in raised beds behind the restaurant, which makes for even more delicious food.
Recently the Black Bear Pub announced new offerings as part of their summer menu. I recently was there for dinner and tried a few and I was not disappointed. Although the food on the regular menu was there, and included some of my favorites like the rib eye and the seafood tacos, I decided to try a few new things and share some pictures with you.
New Summer Menu Choices
Here is a list of new menu items for summer:
- Chef Tulio's Appetizer Medley, consisting of crab cakes with a sauce of lime and ginger aioli, veggie spring rolls, and fried shrimp with a delectable;e sweet pepper chili sauce
- Crab Cake, which is served with a black bean relish with a lime cilantro aoili, served on top of a bed of fresh lettuce
- Margherita Flatbread which is created using fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, sliced Roma tomatoes, fresh spinach, 5 blends of cheese, with basil oil drizzled on top. Chicken or salmon can be added on at a small additional cost.
- Southwest Shrimp Cocktail, which is a twist on the previous shrimp cocktail because this appetizer now is served in clamato juice with pico de gallo and crackers with avocado.
- Grilled Atlantic Salmon, now served with a yogurt dill sauce and a tomato and cucumber relish. This is available in a small or large portion.
- Four Cheese Ravioli which is prepared in olive oil and garlic sauce with asparagus tips, fresh tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Shrimp or chicken can be added at an extra cost. This is also available in a small or large portion.
- Beef Tenderloin Stir Fry is a delicious addition to the menu and consists of fresh chunks of tenderloin beef with Portabello mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, snow peas, carrots and broccoli cooked in a soy ginger sauce.
- Fresh Grill, which is an old standby at the Black Bear Pub, now comes served with a garlic caper sauce for summer
- Chef Tulio's Chicken Cordon Bleu is a grilled chicken breast topped with prosciutto, Havarti cheese and a white wine sauce, served over a bed of fresh arugula lettuce.
- Summer Chicken Sandwich is the newest sandwich on the summer menu. It consists of grilled chicken with feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata, fresh tomatoes, fresh arugula lettuce and a Greek sauce, all served on a Ciabatta roll.
Our Dinner Choices
First, as an appetizer, my husband and I shared the Margherita Flatbread. It came out served on a cutting board and was the most delicious flat bread I have ever tasted. The fresh vegetables were cooked perfectly, the flat bread itself delicious and the blend of five cheeses over the top gave it a tangy yet smooth taste and texture. I could eat this daily and it is definitely better than it's cousin, the pizza!
My husband had his favorite salad at the Black Bear Pub, which is a Cobb Salad, but I opted for something new on the menu: the Beef Tenderloin Stir Fry. And I am SO glad I did. This dish was delicious, filled with fresh vegetables and the most tender pieces of beef you can imagine. This choice came with two side choices so I ordered wild rice, because what stir fry is complete without rice? And as a second side I had fresh mixed vegetables; zucchini, yellow squash and green beans, which were delicious as well and fit right in with the stir fried vegetables.
The dessert choices at the Black Bear Pub change frequently and although the Carrot Cake is not a new choice for summer, it is deliciously fresh and moist with such a creamy frosting that I couldn't help myself, I had to order it and take a picture to share with you!
If you happen to be near Big Canoe, Georgia this summer, stop by the Black Bear Pub at the Clubhouse for lunch or dinner and you won't be disappointed in the wonderful summer choices that Chef Tulio has so artfully prepared!
Harry Norman Realty