Saftey Alert - A Powerful & Deadly Killer

By
Real Estate Agent with www.LorainCountyHomeSales.com

Thunder rumbles while the sky darkens...time to seek shelter from the powerful & deadly killer - Lightning! After living in Oklahoma (part of tornado alley) I have a deep respect in regards to storms, especially lightning. Lightning is a deadly natural phenomenon, very powerful. An actual lightning strike lasts less than half a second - delivering a punch of around 300 kilovolts. Researchers have posted recently, that only 20% of humans that have been struck by lightning actually become fatalities. The remaining 80% survive, with many suffering from deep burns, cardio-pulmonary injuries, even amputation of limbs.

Spring is alive in Ohio, where thunderstorms are very likely to be strong, with damaging wind, hail & deadly lightning. Try to find shelter if caught outside. Don't wait for the rain to begin - lightning strikes appear first. Ohio has been named by the National Atmospheric and Space Division (NASA), to be one of the worst states in the USA for lightning strike risk.

Would you like to read more about safety tips in regards to lightning & thunderstorms? Check out the National Lightning Safety Institute at:  www.LightningSafety.com .

Posted by

  www.LorainCountyHomeSales.com

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Location:
Ohio
Groups:
Ohio Active Rainers
Tags:
activerain
safety
ohio

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
376,250

Carla Harbert

RE/MAX Omega: Lorain-Medina County Area
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information