Out-of-the-Box strategies for seller leads

By
Real Estate Agent with (408) 425-1601 CA bre 1519182
https://activerain.com/droplet/4TWM

                                                               Sam Shueh

                                                           Realty One Group

                                                                     Silicon Valley, CA

 

Tell us: What “out of the box” tactics do you use when following up with a CMA request or other seller lead? How do you make sure you’re unforgettable?

 

Jumping Out of the box

                                                                         Source:  Meow 

 
There is a cruise trip to Hawaii if you sign up for a listing consultation with no obligation or strings attached. The consultation is completed with a free full blown interior BPO with amenity adjustments, not just a CMA.
 
 
Cruise Trip
 
                             Cruise line and destination may be subject to change
 
Depending on the cruise line many offers a discount if tourists have a sponsor. The listing agent will kick in 10% of trip fare as a gift at escrow when home is sold. Seller have a chance of a free drawing- list home or not with the sponsor agent. This means home seller will only pay 90% of total fare if listed with the sponsor agent. The free drawing is another incentive to win a free trip.
 
 
We do not offer a home buy back guarantee like other agents because often their offered price is way lower than the market making it unfair for home owners. 
 
 
A good agent can make a big difference. A bad agent can create a terrible experience. Search for that agents review online. Properties sold history to get some idea about the agent track record. Look for complaints on line.  Then sit down with your chosen realtor and ask him what he will do for you. Many agents will sign contracts and will unlikely to do anymore after first open house. Caring is not a gimmick; it’s hard work. And that’s what most sellers are looking for.  
 
 

Sources:

Real Estate Gimmicks to Avoid  (real-estate-agent-gimmicks-avoid)

Shueh, Sam  How is my Silicon Valley home worth? (Silicon Valley Home Values)

Silicon Valley Real Estate July 2016 (San Jose area real estate update)

Shueh, Sam    (Real EstateBlogs)

Shueh, Sam    (My Website)  


 Sam Shueh Realtor    

 I've called San Francisco South Bay home for over 30 years. We love this area and all it has to offer, and I enjoy sharing what I know about homes.  I documented in several books about Silicon Valley history. I have much expertise in real estate...please give me a call.    SamshuehRealtor@gmail.com

                                           (Four-O-Eight)  425-1601

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate Industry
Location:
California Santa Clara County San Jose
Groups:
The Art Of Marketing You
ActiveRain Challenges
Inspiration Station
Tags:
santa clara county homes
san jose homes
silicon valley realtors
sam shueh realtor
san francisco bay home prices
unique strategy for realtors
how to win a cruise trip when sell homes

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
55,092
Realtor.com® - A division of Move, Inc.
realtor.com® - San Jose, CA
Proven Systems

Hi Sam, what a great thing to offer! So you're saying you pay 10% of the cost of the cruise at closing, but everyone (even those who don't list with you) are entered to win a totally free trip?

Aug 09, 2016 09:08 AM #1
Rainmaker
2,397,721
Evelyn Johnston
Friends & Neighbors Real Estate - Elkhart, IN
The People You Know, Like and Trust!

This really is an out of the box idea Sam! I love it!

Aug 09, 2016 12:59 PM #2
Ambassador
3,550,854
Debe Maxwell, CRS
www.iCharlotteHomes.com | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | (704) 491-3310 - Charlotte, NC
The right Charlotte REALTOR!

Now, that is an out-of-the-box idea, Sam!  How often do you do this?  And I totally agree, the buyer-it-if-it-doesn't-sell scheme is, well, just that - a scheme!

Aug 09, 2016 02:21 PM #3
Rainmaker
1,054,840
Sam Shueh
(408) 425-1601 - San Jose, CA
mba, cdpe, reopro, pe

Debe Maxwell 

It worked well at Open House as most will now offer legit eMail and offer phone # which I do not even ask.

On the listing- I give them the brochure and offer 10% fee per person recently. I do not take overpriced home listing.  I will still give them a gift if they win a free trip, upon closing. I can always offer them a cat!

 

Aug 09, 2016 02:25 PM #4
Rainmaker
4,432,583
Gita Bantwal
RE/MAX Centre Realtors - Warwick, PA
REALTOR,ABR,CRS,SRES,GRI - Bucks County & Philadel

Sam, Thank you for sharing the tip. Have a good day.

Aug 09, 2016 09:54 PM #5
Ambassador
3,984,532
Debbie Reynolds
Platinum Properties - Clarksville, TN
Your Dedicated Clarksville TN Real Estate Agent

We don't offer buy backs but many agents in my market do but there is always a catch (the price is rock bottom low). I like your trip idea but wonder how many times you have had to kick in for the trip? Do they actually take them?

Aug 10, 2016 02:50 AM #6
Rainmaker
810,127
Evelyn Kennedy
Alain Pinel Realtors - Alameda, CA
Alameda, Real Estate, Alameda, CA

Sam:

That is a cool idea.  I would defiinitely sign up with you to wina cruise.  

Aug 10, 2016 09:29 AM #7
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
1,054,840

Sam Shueh

mba, cdpe, reopro, pe
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information