At RealSupport, we tend to talk about online marketing quite a bit, because there are so many platforms and strategies that your real estate business can employ. But that doesn't mean old-school marketing is dead!
In fact, direct mail should be part of your master strategy, and we'll share a few reasons why!
1. Best chance of receipt by the intended audience. While email marketing offers wonderful "set-it-and-forget-it" features, the open rates can be poor, depending on the quality of your lead database.
Direct mail sent to the home address of the recipient is practically gauranteed a look - at least once!
2. Longevity. Online ads can be forgotten the moment your prospect leaves the website. Google Remarketing solves this challenge, and it's an online strategy we recommend. But if you're looking for a direct way to stay top-of-mind with past clients and prospects, sending a piece of branded mail with useful information can be very effective.
Send something that your prospect will want to keep for reference! Examples:
- Postcard with upcoming community events and dates
- Newsletter with home tips
3. Personal brand recognition. A prospective client might Google a market, browse a dozen different agent websites, and look through online reviews and professional bios. The online field is pretty crowded! Yet these same prospects might get only 2 or 3 pieces of direct mail from agents each month. Your name, face and brand stands out when it's "in person!"
Tip: like all marketing efforts, consistency counts when using direct mail!
4. Direct mail compliments online marketing. While you still need landing pages and lead capture forms online, you can use your database for much more than email! There's no harm in trying to capture a mailing address; you can even make an opt-in form for direct mail newsletters.
Of course, you can also send direct mail by paying for specific postal routes through the United States Postal Service. From there, you can invite recipients to follow you on Facebook, read your blog, and so on. Be sure to make compelling offers for free market valuations, e-books, and real estate consultations, just as you would online.
Let RealSupport help you strategize, design and implement a direct email campaign! Contact us today for your personal consultation.
Copywriting & Marketing Specialist