12 Quick Facts about La Quinta, CA
- La Quinta in Spanish means "the fifth;" also "quinta" is a type of hacienda.
- La Quinta is 32 square miles of land and water.
- La Quinta is 56 feet above sea level.
- Median age for La Quinta is 45.6. Permanent population is 38,475.
- Total number of households is 14,881.
- Average household income is $93,091.
- Average temperature is 75 degrees.
- Average rainfall is less than 5 inches.
- La Quinta has 25 golf courses, 11 parks and several miles of biking and hiking trails.
- Official bird - Gambel's Quail (Lophortyx gambelii).
- Official flower - Purple Sand Verbena (Abronia villosa).
- Official tree - Smoke Tree (Dalea spinos).
There are so many reasons La Quinta is a wonderful place to live! Give me a call and I will show you around!