Many thanks go out to my friend Dorie Dillard of Austin Texas for this wonderful information!
Want to sell that "older" home? Then keeping this in mind will help to make your home a SMART HOME!
Coldwell Banker Real Estate just conducted a Smart Home Survey. They surveyed 1,250 U.S. adults who have broadband Internet access at home and 71% of all respondents want a move-in ready home. But a new twist uncovered that 44% said that smart home technology should already be installed. Another 57% would consider an older home updated if it had smart home technology.
It appears move-in ready is being redefined by home technology
• 71 percent of all U.S. Broadband Households if they were to buy a house today, they would want it to be move-in ready. When those respondents were asked what “move in ready” means to them:
• 44 percent agree that a move-in ready home has smart home technology installed
• 45 percent agree that a move-in ready home is new construction
• 74 percent agree that a move-in ready home has new appliances
• 83 percent agree that a move-in ready home has updated kitchen and bathrooms
• 85 percent agree that a move-in ready home has updated heating/cooling
• Additionally, 57 percent of people who want a move-in ready home would consider an older home updated if it had smart home technology.
If two homes were exactly alike, most Americans would choose the smart home, but many are nervous to install the smart home technology themselves.
• If faced with two homes that were exactly the same except for the fact that one home was smart and the other was not, 54 percent of all U.S. respondents would opt for the smart home.
• 36 percent of all U.S. respondents believe that having smart technology is a major selling point when buying a home.
• However, 32 percent report they would be intimidated to install it by themselves.
Smart home technology isn’t just for the young and tech-savvy anymore.
• Market Segments express an interest in smart home technology:
• 61 percent of Millennials
• 52 percent of Gen Xers
• 50 percent of Boomers
• 59 percent of parents
“The ultimate promise of technology is to make us master of the world that we command by the push of a button.”….Voler Grassmuck