Stand Out From the Crowd
Become an Online Influencer
Online influencers are usually someone who lives and breathes through their niche market social media accounts. They are the cool kids online who can and do often create new terms and phrases that influence the way the other part of the social world responds to and impacts their decisions.
So that is WHAT an online influencer is. But HOW do you become one!? I read an article by John Rampton this morning and it sparked my inspiration to give you some ideas that you can use specifically in real estate. Online influencers don't just want to sell. They want to reach their target market in a non-sales way.
You have already covered the first step. You have a wonderful niche to work with. Real Estate Marketing can be your niche or, my recommendation, is to niche even further into the market. You can't sell a whole state's worth of real estate so you have to narrow your focus.
Become an Online Influencer
- As we have gone over many times, the more narrow your market is, the easier it is to target them with the information and details the desire that meets their needs and lifestyle. (you will also save money on marketing).
- Know who your target market is and provide them with the information they want, consistently. Read and react. You need to research what details they want, learn where to find that information and then make sure you are providing it in with fresh "new" content.
- Always be you. Don't try to be someone you are not. Don't join a group that shows horses if you don't have any interest in that area. You will write poor quality posts and you won't have a realistic comment to add to any post! Be yourself. If you like biking, join a bicycling group. NOW you have something that is about YOU and your group.
- Build your list with trustworthy posts and commenting. Don't sell. Build relationships. Listen to industry-related social media. These are the topics that are trending and odds are you know a little something about it!
- Reach out to others and engage. You can even engage locally with your "competition" and let others see how brilliant your responses are to their posts. Don't be afraid to follow their followers either. If they don't like you, they will not follow you back. Then just delete them and move on.
- Be philanthropic in your community. Contribute time and money to charities. If you grow a garden, be sure to contribute regularly to the local food pantry. Rent the bouncy house for the neighborhood party. There are so many ideas. I will write this topic soon! Let people know you give back!
- Participate in local networking events and other local meet-ups and feel free to share your knowledge. It's not just about what you get but what you give!
- Be the first person to report breaking news in your industry and community.
- Finally, and one of my favorites, read something new or learn something new every day. Then apply what you have learned in your business.
These are a few things you should be doing regularly to become an online influencer in real estate. Be better than the others and make the extra effort to be the best.
Your contacts will notice!