This was said to me by an out-of-the-area real estate agent who came to my office here in Carmel-by-the-Sea to talk to me about becoming one of my agents, to hang his license in my brokerage, Rothwell Realty Inc.
IT DEPENDS HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.
Yes, there are many agents here who have been around for years and their names pop up on listings.
But there's another side to it.
Yes, they have the listing, but where are the buyers coming from?
THEY COME FROM OUT OF THE AREA MOSTLY WHO HAVE NO LOYALTY TO A SPECIFIC AGENT.
So chances are they are driving around looking at homes in their preferred area and picking up real estate flyers next to yard signs placed there by agents who believe in them. And, yes, here in Carmel-by-the-Sea those boxes empty out fast.
BUT IT'S MORE LIKELY THAT THE SERIOUS PROSPECTIVE BUYERS CHECK OUT LISTINGS ON THE INTERNET BEFORE THEIR ARRIVAL.
And, again, there is no loyalty to any one agent, these listings speak for themselves.
SO THE THING TO DO IS TO GET THAT BUYER'S ATTENTION IN OTHER WAYS TO BUILD A BOND.
What is my way?
I have a whole slew of websites out there that entice the prospective buyer to choose our area to purchase their property. One of my most successful one is www.CarmelValleyCalifornia.com which gets about 7,000 unique visitors to it every month and they mostly come there by an organic GOOGLE search of "carmel valley california".
On this website they will find out about restaurants, shopping, lodging, wine tasting, etc. in Carmel Valley.
Why Carmel Valley? Because it's not far from Carmel-by-the-Sea which is actually a very small city of only one-square-mile, a beautiful place, but there are only so many homes here. A high percentage is already owned by absentee owners.
So my emphasis, at least on this particular website, is to talk to potential buyers who are looking beyond Carmel-by-the-Sea to purchase their home.
AND HOW DO I CATCH THEIR ATTENTION? BY BRANDING MY IMAGE ALL OVER THE PLACE:
1. My center piece is a very pricy 1-page ad I took out in CARMEL Magazine (nope, not the car, the RIGHT side). A version of this will run for ONE YEAR.
Note, on the ad I also sell my Hawaii brokerage. Why? Because many people here also own or want to own property in the Hawaiian Islands.
2. My new yard sign, BELOW, which is a version of it:
3. New Business Card, official new profile photo etc. use some version of this layout as well.
4. Then I have a banner that is on my various websites:
5. Developed some new and reworked some old websites:
(1) Developed a new "search" website, www.rothwellrealtyinc.com - you just have to click on it rather than my using an image here.
(2) Using that image on my corporate websiste, www.rothwellrealty.com - this is my corporate website that uses this branding image here and there.
(3) Even my Hawaii brokerage website www.HellaHawaii.com--yes, I am a broker in Hawaii as well--and I am using part of this image on it.
I AM CARVING OUT MY OWN NICHE THROUGH BRANDING.
This is my contest entry into http://activerain.com/blogsview/4924448/end-of-summer-going-into-fall-market-me-contest