The Wells Team believes that knowledge is crucial in order to serve our clients to the levels they deserve!
We take every opportunity to learn about our local governments, regional issues, and other matters that affect our client's real estate values.
A few weeks ago we attended a luncheon to hear Dr Jeff Bearden, Superintendent of the Forsyth County Schools.
First a few facts about Forsyth County:
- 2015 population is approximately 212,438
- Ranked 11th in the country for overall population growth from 2010
- It is the richest county in Georgia
- In 2009 Forsyth County was 22 for richest counties in the US. In 2010 it was 25th!
This rapidly growing population puts a heavy demand on a school system.
Here are some stats on Forsyth County Schools:
- 2015 SAT scores for the state of Georgia- South Forsyth is #17 with Lambert coming in at #19
- School Digger ranks Lambert #12 in the state of Georgia with South Forsyth ranked #13
- US News and World Report rank South Forsyth #16 in Georgia/#513 nationwide. Lambert ranks #22 in Georgia/#691 nationwide. West Forsyth ranks #24 in Georgia and #709 nationwide
- It is the 7th largest district in Georgia
- The County added 1988 new students in 2015-2016
- Only school district in Georgia to have a 5 star financial rating
- The newest High School, Denmark High School, is set to open in 2018 with 1800 students
- Alliance Academy for Innovation to open in 2018. This school will help students obtain technical and 2 year associate degrees.
- Forsyth Virtual Academy giving students an alternative way to achieve their diploma
Overall a positive message from Dr Bearden.
If schools are a priority for your family, as you search for a home, do your research before you buy! Visit the local school, make an appointment to meet with the principal, attend a school board meeting, talk to local residents, and read online reviews.
Also: Let your real estate agent help!