Hood River Bridge - Intermittent Closures Sept 7th & 8th, 2016
The Hood River-WhiteSalmon Bridge will experience traffic interruptions closures on Wed (9/7/16) and Thurs (9/8/16) this week. Traffic delays of up to 20 minutes or more may occur between 9am and 3pm each day.
Bridge personnel and engineers will be inspecting and live testing the bridge's lift span. In addition, cameras will be installed at the toll plaza.
Plan accordingly to avoid traffic back-ups on Wed and Thurs.
Some interesting facts about the Hood River- White Salmon Bridge:
- A truss bridge with a vertical lift; so tall water traffic can pass underneath
- Opened Dec 9, 1924; 2nd oldest road bridge over the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington
- Connects Hood River , Oregon and White Salmon, WA (hence the name)
- Connect Interstate 84 and WA State Hwy 14
- Port of Hood River purchased the bridge in December 1950 for $800,000
- Current tolls fees: $1.00 for cars, $0.75 for motorcycles, with additional fees for larger vehicles