Single Lane Closures - Hood River Bridge - Week of Sept 12, 2016
The Hood River-WhiteSalmon Bridge will experience traffic interruptions closures the week of Sept 12-16, 2016. Traffic delays of approximately 5 minutes can be expected between 9am and 3pm. Flaggers will be directing traffic while Port of Hood River personnel make bridge deck welding repairs. Traffic disruptions should be minimal, but plan accordingly.
This work is being completed while the weather remains favorable.
Some interesting facts about the Hood River- White Salmon Bridge:
- A truss bridge with a vertical lift; so tall water traffic can pass underneath
- Opened Dec 9, 1924; 2nd oldest road bridge over the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington
- Connects Hood River , Oregon and White Salmon, WA (hence the name)
- Connect Interstate 84 and WA State Hwy 14
- Port of Hood River purchased the bridge in December 1950 for $800,000
- Current tolls fees: $1.00 for cars, $0.75 for motorcycles, with additional fees for larger vehicles