In 2012, it was recorded that 2.7 billion “likes” were recorded on Facebook every day. What does this mean for you business? Potential clients are active on Facebook and waiting to hear what your business can do for them. A great Facebook page is therefore essential for anyone wanting to build their business.
So if you don’t already have a Facebook page, get one. But make sure you know the difference between a good Facebook page and a great one. Here are the key things to focus on.
1) Name/Brand: The first thing you need to do is make sure you have a memorable name or brand that will stick in people’s mind. Your own name can work just fine but for company names, make sure it’s something you can build a brand on.
2) Key Details: In the “About Me” section, make sure you have your website and other important contact information. You want to make it as easy as possible for people to contact you. The About Me page should have info on why your business is valuable to them. Make absolutely sure your contact info is there and kept up-to-date if your details change.
3) Photos: There are two main photos you need to have:
Cover photo: should be eye catching and relevant. If you have a logo, use that. If not, the skyline of your city or town are some other great options. Remember the image will send a visual impression of what you’re all about, so choose wisely.
Profile photo: Usually a clear and friendly headshot works best. These can be more creative if you want as long as it reflects your brand and speaks to your professionalism.
4) Get Friends to Like It: Once your page is created you need to start spreading the word! You can tell people about your page by sharing on your personal page asking friends to go give it a like, or you can directly invite them with the click of a button right on your new page! Other ways to get more likes, is to like other peoples pages and posts. This will generally result in likes, for likes. You can also add a link or URL to your Facebook page on your email signature, website, business cards and other promotional material.
5) Create Valuable Content: Remember people won’t like your page if they don’t find it useful. So the best way to fix that is not to boast about your sales record, but share information with them that they can learn from and shows you're an expert.
Now that you’ve set up your page, it's important that you consistently update it with relevant content, monitor likes/shares/comments and ensure all information is kept up-to-date. Like anything this requires time and effort, but by committing to social media marketing you're setting your business up for success.
No time for social media? CityBlast can keep your Facebook page up-to-date and looking professional by posting customized content directly to your Facebook page. ActiveRain members receive a FREE 2-week trial and 30% discount. To get started click here.
Subscribe to CommentsComment