Your social media presence requires engagement to be effective! Engagement means earning likes, comments and shares on your posts. The more engagement your posts receive, the wider distribution they will get.
In Facebook terms, the distribution your posts achieve without any boost or purchase is called “organic reach.” While Facebook’s stingy algorithms have reduced organic reach in recent years, engagement remains a critical factor. Here are some engagement tips we’re sharing from Inman News, along with our own suggestions!
1. Be a resource. Avoid the temptation to continually advertise your real estate services. Instead, provide useful content that will be of interest to your audience.
2. Use hashtags strategically. A hashtag’s effectiveness depends on whether or not people are searching for that topic. Recent analytics show that hashtags can actually reduce your post reach on Facebook. However, hashtags can still work for trending topics, events and places.
3. Speak to your community. Post content that involves local schools, civic groups, new businesses and restaurants, community events and so on.
4. Like and comment on other people’s posts. Take a few moments to go through the news feed on your page. Offer positive comments and a “like” where appropriate. Also remember to like and follow new pages on occasion. Be sure to check your pages for comments and messages left by followers, and respond to them!
5. Post captivating images, videos and memes. Content without images has poor reach and low engagement.
6. Ask interesting questions. These don’t need to be deep! Remember, social media is supposed to be social. Avoid controversial topics.
7. Change up your posting times and review analytics. Don’t be afraid to schedule posts for evenings and weekends! Look back at your prior posts and review their reach and engagement. Remember that audience behaviors can change with seasonal factors, and make adjustments accordingly.
Please keep in mind that social media algorithms are always changing! Monitoring your social media pages and their performance enables you to make the best adjustments to your content strategies.
Need some help? Contact RealSupport for your social media consultation!
Copywriting & Marketing Specialist