A great reason to live in Addison is the Addison Athletic Club. The Athletic Club offers a wide variety of recreational, health, fitness and athletic programs for residents only. There are about 3500 members with approximately 400 participating on the busiest days. Special programs and events for all ages are offered throughout the year. Want to know the best part? Memberships are valid for as long as you reside in Addison and the cost is ..................... a ONE TIME non-refundable $10.00 processing fee per applicant. You did not read that incorrectly. Not once a month, not once a year, just one time for as long as you live in Addison!
So what do you get for all this? The facilities include:
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Four racquetball courts
- Cybex weight circuit, Hammer Strength weight circuit, dumbbells
- Treadmills, electronic bikes, elliptical trainers
- Gymnasium, indoor track, aerobics studio, multipurpose room
- Whirlpool spa, sauna and steam rooms
- Outdoor trails
- Tennis court
The club is open:
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
To apply for a membership application, visit the Athletic Club and present:
- Your valid Texas Driver's License or Texas Identification Card with current address (Addison)
- PLUS one of the following proofs of residency showing name and current Addison address: vehicle insurance or registration, voter registration, utility bill, bank document. (Contact Athletic Club for other qualifying documents.)
- Apartment residents must bring leasing office verification form
- A one-time $10 nonrefundable processing fee per applicant (Lost cards - $10 each)
Memberships expire annually. While there is no fee for renewal, residents are required to show proof of address annually to insure that only Addison residents have use of the facilities.
The club is undergoing some sprucing up and updating. Before the summer is over, improvements include work on:
- Fire alarm system
- Hot tub
- Locker upgrades (locker room closed May 6-9 for installation)
- Floors refinished
- Roof repairs
- Racquetball court walls painted
If you don't already live in Addison but would like to explore the possibilities, let me know and I'll find you an Addison home.