So, you want to sell your house. You've spent the last few weeks painting, taking care of deferred maintenance issues, and it's almost showtime! Are you ready? Let's take one more look around the house to be sure your HOUSE is ready...
- Is the lawn freshly mowed? Are shrubs free of weeds and flower beds fresh with mulch?
- Pressure wash the driveway, patio and sidewalks
- Remove any loose throw rugs that could be a trip hazard
- Be sure the front door is welcoming and uncluttered. A fresh coat of paint and zero dust is a plus!
- Remove cobwebs from every corner. Dust the ceiling fans and change the air filters
- Organize your cabinets in the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry rooms
- Remove excess candles, clutter, and remove most of your family photos
- Be sure blinds, drapes, and windowsills are clean and dust free
- Unless you are hiding an ugly view, open those blinds to let natural light into the home
- Turn on a few lamps and keep the thermostat at a comfortable level.
- If possible, remove pets and their food, water, and litter boxes during showings
As a seller, you want to eliminate ANY objections from would-be buyers.
Anticipate and eliminate any turnoffs BEFORE they become an issue.
Image courtesy of vectorolie at FreeDigitalPhotos.net