Let's talk about what is going to be in your purchase contract. Every contract has 2 parts: The first part is the price, and the second part is the terms, which is everything else besides the price. So remember that price is only PART of the offer. When you and the seller don’t agree on price, you can always change the terms to get them to agree to your price. And they can always give you “concessions” such as a credit (money allowance) for the closing costs. Remember, it’s all negotiable!
Discuss the following with your REALTOR®:
- What price do you think is fair?
- Which appliances or personal property do you want to include in your offer?
- How soon do you want to close escrow?
- Which title or escrow/settlement company do you prefer?
- Any questions you may have about the property
Read more in our book, "Buy Your First Home", http://tinyurl.com/nrvmgc7.
Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net