Life Happens - #18
100 Real Estate Haikus - It's About Life
Recently I wrote a post about a situation that happened recently to my mom. She fell off the wagon.... Okay, I mean she really fell off the top of the Hay Wagon!!! She landed pretty hard and broke her shoulder badly enough to need surgery. I spent from Tuesday last week to Tuesday this week with her and my dad 9.5 hours from home. It was a stressful time for everyone. Mom was really messed up on her entire left side and my dad felt pretty guilty. (they are both 73 BTW). So it was a very long and stressful week. She is doing better now, but what a week! .
So I decided this week, Haiku #18 would refer to one I recently wrote about Balancing Life. There are no guarantees in life and I learned again, that my parents are so very important to our entire family. One mis-step and . . .
Our Lives Happen Fast
Changes Happen Every Day
Live, Love, Laugh, Give Back
Here is the link if you would like to go back and read the original post about Balancing Life.
Always remember, it doesn't last forever, but there are many wonderful things every day that we can be thankful for!
8 CREATIVE IDEAS FOR GIVING BACK
Money isn’t the only way to GIVE BACK. You can donate your time and expertise as well. Choose the best way to incorporate Giving Back into your life.
- Ladies can donate their SMART clothes to the local women's shelter so they can have an outfit to wear to a job interview.
- Open the door for the person behind you.
- Let others merge into your lane during rush hour.
- When you have a Buy One Get One Free offer, drop one (or maybe both items) in the Bucket
- Help the elderly neighbor mow and shovel and don't expect to be paid!!!
- Tutor a child in a subject you know well.
- Coach a sport, even if it's not your child playing on the team!
- Volunteer to help with a charitable event.
My Volunteer Giving Back Opportunities Are:
- Money and Time for the Milwaukee Mission
- Making and distributing summer lunches for inner city kids
- Donations for the Animal Shelters
- Donations and Time at the Local Hospice
- Teaching Computer Classes at our Church School
Time is hard to come by, but everyone can set aside one hour a week to contribute and Give Back!