What you Need to Know About Condos in Bethesda
Looking for Condos in Bethesda Maryland?
We toured condos in Bethesda this weekend including a hard hat tour of Hampden Row 4915 Hampden Lane in Bethesda Md. When Hampden Row is complete, there will be 55 hi-end condominiums. Several condos have large balconies and all have high-end appliances. The rooftop deck has a gas fireplace and stunning views of downtown Bethesda. Condos on the west side of the building face the Bethesda library and a park. The view is serene and green. The Lauren 4901 Hampden Lane features 29 luxury condominiums including a 7300 square foot penthouse listed for $10.5 million. The Lauren has a concierge team. According to The Lauren's website, the concierge team provides unmatched services for condo owners.
"No request is too big or small and will always be carried out with strict confidentiality."
The Darcy 7171 Woodmont Avenue is one of the newer condos in downtown Bethesda. It's across the street from Barnes & Noble and Pottery Barn & above Passion Fish restaurant. The Darcy condos we toured faced Bethesda Avenue and a building across the street that is soon to be renovated. For our client, the unattractive building and the prospect of a construction project in the near future, played a part in his not making an offer.
Lionsgate 7710 Woodmont Avenue is a condominium built in 2008 and modeled after New York style co-ops. It is a luxury hi-rise 9+ stories with 24 concierge service, an elegant entrance, and circular driveway. Many of the one bedroom condominiums at Lionsgate have a small den with a large walk in closet. A parking space is included in the list price. These extra features put Lionsgate high on our home buyer's list. However, condos on the levels 4 and below, in the back of the building, face an ugly concrete garage. It's unfortunate since the condo's we toured are beautiful.
The Edgemoor 4821 Montgomery Avenue is a large condominium building with million dollar penthouses on the top floor. Montgomery Avenue is a quiet street but convenient to Metro and all the popular shopping and dining spots in downtown Bethesda.
The Adagio 6820 Wisconsin Avenue is across the street from Trader Joes. Many of the one bedroom condominiums have two full bathrooms a den and parking included in the list price. These features make The Adagio a very attractive option.
What You Need to Know When Buying a Condo in Bethesda
- How much is the condo fee and what does it include? Some condominiums have monthly fees over $800.00. Always check the listing to see what utilities are included. What hours does the building offer concierge service?
- Is there a parking space included in the list price? One of the condos we toured this weekend offers parking at an additional cost. One space costs $85,000.00. When you add that to the list price, you are racking up high costs. If you are buying an existing condo that does not include parking, you may be able to purchase a space from another condo owner.
- Is the Condo Association in good financial order? There is a 7 day review period for buyers to review the condo documents. Read all the documents. Are there any special assessments? If so, you may ask the Seller to pay that off at Settlement. Make sure you can abide by the rules that govern the building. If they do not allow pets, you may want to reconsider.
- Is there a common laundry area or is there a washer & dryer in the unit? There are common laundry rooms in older condominiums in Bethesda. In North Bethesda, condo's in The Grosvenor share a common laundry area. In downtown Bethesda, particularly in the newer buildings, condominiums have a washer and drier in the unit.
- Are pets allowed? If so, is there a size limit? We were with a buyer in Washington D.C. the other day and just as we were going to ask the concierge if pets were allowed, a Great Dane strolled by the front desk. So that building stays on our client's list since pets are allowed and there are clearly no size limits!
Links for Buying a Condo in Bethesda Maryland
video of Bethesda Maryland