Young kids love Halloween night! It’s a chance to “trick or treat” and wear fun and creative costumes. However it can be dangerous if kids and parents aren’t careful! Before accompanying your children go over these 7 tips to keep you safe and enjoying the celebration:
1. Plan your route in advance. Know the streets where families are participating and don’t try to cover the whole community. How much candy does your child really need? Stick to familiar paths to avoid getting lost. Go with other parents and their children.
2. Comfy shoes are a must. Well fitting, familiar shoes should be worn. Shoe laces should be double tied. Children in dresses should avoid heels.
3. Wear short costumes. Long costumes dragging on the ground can be dangerous, especially at night. If you purchase a costume try on ahead of time to check for length and proper fitting. Alter if necessary to avoid tripping.
4. Avoid Masks. A child has a hard time seeing or breathing with a mask..use non-toxic make-up completing the costume. We want to see those smiling faces anyway!
5. Props need to be flexible. Avoid costumes with props but if it’s a must make sure they are plastic or rubber. Be wary of anything that could injure your child or their friends.
6. Stay well lit. Make sure everyone can see you. Reflective tape added to your child’s costume will help driver’s see the children. Carry a flashlight to keep your child’s path lit at all times. Stay with others so there are large bands of light.
7. Candy check. At the end of the night sort through the candy and throw away any candy not in its original wrapper or has been opened. There are lots of places to donate some of your candy especially to our overseas troops.
Enjoy a safe and Happy Halloween!
P.S. If you are reading this and have a home to sell in NW Austin I would be happy to help you. I bring high tech touch to home sales and market your home to millions of customers across the internet and right here in Austin. Reach out to me for an insightful conversation about the market and how it relates to your home at 512-346-1799 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I offer you hands-on Professional guidance for all your real estate needs.