How did homes sell in NW Austin Canyon Creek Subdivision in Third Quarter 2016?
Dorie Dillard is the “most frequently hired Realtor® in the Canyon Creek Subdivision.”
Check out Canyon Creek area single family homes sold in the third quarter of 2016 compared to 2015. The numbers are in and the homes sold did so with positive appreciation. While 2015 was a good year it appears in 2016 fewer homes are closing, with higher sales price but taking longer to land an offer! Austin continues in its expansion mode by luring more residents in need of housing due to Austin’s emphasis on jobs, jobs, jobs.
The number of home sales in the Third Quarter decreased by 20% compared to Third Quarter of 2015. The average sold price is up 14%, however the price/square foot increased by only 3%. Why? Buyers purchased larger homes that were a good value. Buyers waited for price reductions to make offers generating a rise in days on market by 46%. Many sellers “ego” priced their homes and buyers are too savvy to be taken in. We have a seller’s market but not a “stupid” market (per chief economist Mark Sprague). Some sellers removed their homes from market due to unrealistic list prices.
As of September 30, 2016 there are 8 active homes on the market in Canyon Creek which translates into less than two month’s inventory. There are 9 pending homes on the marketand five of them are my listings.
Third Quarter 2016 data about homes sales in Canyon Creek:
- Closed 20% fewer homes than in 2015
There are currently 9 Pending Homes for Sale (5 are my listings)
- Inventory is low
Average Sold price is up 14%
Average Sold price per square foot is up 3%
- Days on market increased 46%
- Average list to sell ratio is 98% (taken from last list price)
- Interest rates are the lowest ever! Now is the time to buy!
All sold information is derived from the Austin MLS system. If any Canyon Creek area homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved; then it won't be reflected in this report.
This 2016 Third Quarter Canyon Creek Market Report is provided for general information only and does NOT replace a comprehensive market analysis. This report is informational, to obtain specific advice and counsel on your home contact me to review your personal residence at 512-346-1799.
1. If you’re a buyer, apply with a lender for pre-approval and be ready to make an offer on a home that comes on market. Call, I can be of help!
2. If you’re a seller and want to gain advantage in selling your Canyon Creek home, contact me at 512-346-1799 or email at email@example.com. We can have an insightful conversation about the marketability of your home plus a counseling session covering cost saving ideas for staging your home for market. I offer hands on Professional guidance for all your real estate needs.
A local expert with national connections…..