The Traveling Realtor only needs a few tools
So, my job is a real estate broker/ agent. If that is your profession as well, then you are fully aware that you are "on call"all the time and everywhere with very few exceptions. This can be a challange if you ever want to leave the local area behind for a few days. I have traveled across the US and Europe while still being able to provide my clients excellent service. Below is my list of tools that you should consider in order keep your clients happy while you are traveling.
- An excellent office person... If you do not have a team manager, office manager, or escrow/compliance manager that works only for you and your team, then you should consider the great many ways this position can benefit you. When traveling, they are invaluable because you cannot always be in front of your computer or break away from being in the moment where you are.
- A smart phone... Pretty sure if you don't have this, then you probably aren't a Realtor.
- Dropbox on your phone... You should have a great document filing system like dropbox that can be accessed from your phone. This allows you to get information anywhere and anytime.
- A laptop... You don't even need a printer these days with everything being paperless. For a short trip, a phone may work fine. For anything over 48 hours, you may need to access multiple things in an efficient manner which just isn't easy on a phone.
- Docusign... The ability to have documents sent and signed without the need for a printer, fax or scanner is invaluable. If not docusign, definitely get a similar software tool.
IF you are traveling outside of the US, you should add Skype to this list. You need to be able to call back to the US at anytime. With Skype, you will be able to make this happen anywhere there is Wi-Fi without running up your cell bill from a foreign country. You can get a skype number with your local area code. So when you call, the client's caller ID won't tip them off that you are sitting in a beer garden somewhere in Europe.
These are really all the tools that you need to keep the pipeline flowing while you are away. You will also need a little discipline to check in at reasonable times and spend a few minutes handling what you must while you are out enjoying the world.
PS - No. This isn't a fancy post with lots of pics. LoL! Sorry!