Can You Use Pinterest in Real Estate Marketing?
Is Pinterest valuable in real estate marketing? If so, how can you use Pinterest to Market your Real Estate Business. I just finished reading an article from RIS Media where they review some really great stuff and I thought I would double-down on this info!
Pinterest used to be a place where primarily ladies would go to share recipes and fashion tips. That is in the past. Modern marketers have determined that it can and is well received when you can share valuable real estate information with the proper groups and the proper info. Some studies show that up to 80 percent of Pinterest users are female!
"One of the unique things about Pinterest is the length of time in which something that is shared can drive traffic." RIS Media contributes this to the length of time in which pins can be reshared. Twitter and Facebook tend to be shorter lived where you content is there and then it gets pushed down further and further.
This is not the case with Pinterest pages.
Some Tips For Using Pinterest in Real Estate Marketing:
- To make Pinterest work for you, you need to realize that it's not about listings. It's about your expertise and the market information you can make come to life.
- It's similar to other social platforms in that you must post quality content.
- Again, similar to the other social media websites, read and SHARE other content. Build relationships to get followers.
- The most "shared pins" are those that are tall and not square. I was not aware of this until I read this article and it makes great sense!
- Join the BEST Real Estate Groups on Pinterest! I bet some of you didn't even realize there were actually Groups on Pinterest!!!
Groups (also known as Boards) Have 3 Main Benefits:
Greater Engagement and Connection. This makes it easier to start and continue conversations and build relationships.
Gain Authority. When you contribute to these groups /boards, the qaulity of your pin is important. By posting consistent, quality posts, you become more visible and become the expert in that area.
Brainstorm With Your Group. If you are a member of some of these BEST Real Estate Groups on Pinterest, the contributors are there to learn as well as share. Contribute to questions and don't be intimidated by asking others to help you answer a question or situation.
You can become a member of an existing board OR create your own. Creating your own board takes time and knowledge of how to build the best board. You will need to spend time inviting people, either from other real estate posts or boards to join your group. All you need to do is click "Invite" on the top left of your Pinterest page.
Still not sure about using Pinterest? Here are a few other resources that may be Worth a Look
Using Pinterest for social media exposure via Real Estate Blog Experts.
Use this link to ask us about Pinterest in Real Estate. You may be surprised how valuable it can be!