For the trivia fans out there here is a list of 13 facts on the 13th day of October, just for Fun!
1. 1775 Continental Navy established
2. 1807 Sodium discovered English scientist Humphry Davy obtains atomic element 11 by electrolyzing caustic soda.
3. 1860 First aerial photograph of the U.S. James Wallace Black takes a photograph of Boston from a balloon tethered 1,200 feet above the city.
4. 1903 First World Series Boston of the American League defeats Pittsburgh of the National League five games to three.
5. 1925 Margaret Thatcher is Born
6. In 1932, President Herbert Hoover and Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes laid the cornerstone for the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington.
7. 1943 Italy declares war on Germany
8. In 1962, Edward Albee's four-character drama "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" opened on Broadway.
9. 1972 Rugby Team Eats Their Dead A flight containing members of the Uruguayan Old Christians Rugby team crashes in the Andes. They would have to resort to cannibalism to survive the 70 days until their rescue. Their plight is is the basis for the film Alive.
10. 1974 Ed Sullivan b. 1901 American Broadway columnist, TV personality, host of a "Really big shew" for 23 years, Died.
11. 1976 A 3,300-year-old mummy is identified as King Tut's grandmother, Queen Tiy (1397-1360 BC).
12. 1992 Domestic partnership California passes an ordinance giving legal recognition to unmarried couples, including those of the same sex
13. 2010 Chilean miners are rescued after 69 days’ underground
Definitely some of these facts are well familiar and or known thanks to the magic of movies, like the story told in the movie Alive describing the horrific accident of the rugby team, and the most recent movie The 33 with Antonio Banderas describing the journey of the trapped chilean miners during more than 2 months, but for the old generation, Margaret Thatcher, Ed Sullivan and the drama Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf are among the most recognized.
Enjoy your day and keep spreading the word, Maggie Harper is your source for all your REAL ESTATE needs in Forsyth and Gwinnett Counties in Georgia.