How to sell a North Potomac house fast? See if you can benefit from these tips:
Today's buyers are not necessarily looking for a great deal on a home that needs a lot of work- or even some updating. Most buyers today are professionals working long hours, more than likely have young children and they just don't have the time to put in to remodeling or updating a home. Neither do they want to do it. This isn't true for all buyers, of course, but many that I've worked with will shy away from properties that need updating because they don't want to take on a project of that magnitude.
It's really unfortunate when I tour a home with my buyers and they really like the home, but don't want to deal with updating it. Everything about the home is perfect, but they don't want the work involved with bringing it to today's standards.
Tips on How to Sell a North Potomac house fast
Obviously, not every seller will be in a position to remodel their home before putting it on the market. And in some cases, it wouldn't make financial sense to do the remodeling right before they sell. But there are some sellers who fit this profile and here are my tips to those sellers on how to sell a North Potomac house fast:
- Make the home sparkle. And I mean sparkle. Hire a company to clean your windows inside and out. They'll look new again and most buyers love windows and light. So, show 'em off.
- Get rid of ALL of your clutter. Make your home look like no one lives there. NOTHING personal out on countertops, sink tops, tables, etc. Just a few decorative pieces to add color and that's it. Staging is wonderful and sellers should always consider it.
- Paint any/all walls that need to look clean.
- Replace any worn or stained carpeting.
- Clean up the exterior, make it look pristine and add color to the front of the home, if possible. Don't forget that leaning mailbox in front!
- Do some updating in your kitchen and bathrooms. Sometimes these rooms don't require a complete remodel. I've advised some clients to change appliances, fixtures, lighting, etc. and that was enough to make those rooms look closer to what we see today. Sellers who want to sell a North Potomac house fast may need to reface cabinets, replace tiling, replace countertops, etc., depending on their condition and what they look like.
Want to know what the experts are saying about remodeling your home?
Take a look at this Cost vs. Value 2016 article for more information.
The best thing that a seller can do when he/she wants to know how to sell a North Potomac house fast is to call their agent (hopefully me!) to take a look at what they currently have in their home and make suggestions. There are times when I've suggested some remodeling and other times that I've told my seller not to remodel. It all depends on the market and what's selling or not selling around their home.
If you want to know how to sell a North Potomac house fast- give me a call at 240-234-1000.