MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE LOCK ADVISORY
October 25, 2016, 7:55 AM PT
- 1-15 Day Close: LOCK
- 16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
Never trust wiring instructions sent via email. Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending
emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently
confirm wiring instructions in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number. Never
wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.
I'm pleased to have been invited to be a LOS Instructor
And, to Have Joined A Great Team of Very Experienced Professionals
- Average 30-Yr FRM, up 0.05 points to 3.52% on 10-20-16
- Rate Price Based on 3% MBS, Down -0.07 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Currently, $18,172.18, Down ($50.85) -0.28%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Up 0.112%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $50.19, Down ($0.33)
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,273.40, Up $7.90
- Today's Lock Advice for the past week Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) prices have been moving up and down in a narrow band, bumping against heavy resistance. The odds are slim that it can punch through the resistance and continue on with lower prices. Advise Locking
- Consumer Confidence is the biggest event of the day and it was weaker than expected, a very slight positive for pricing.
- Monday Mortgage Backed Securities rate prices decreased 0.08 point and the MBS market experienced medium volatility.
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.52 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending October 20, 2016, up from last week when they averaged 3.47 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.79 percent.
- Tuesday AM Brief
- Fannie and Freddie Lowering Underwriting Barriers
- FINALLY! Justice Department Prepares Suit Against Moodys, Wall Street credit rater.
- Game changer: California is investigating Wells Fargo for identity theft
- Mortgage Brokers are Grabbing a Larger Market Share
- The new normal: National average time to close settles at 46 days
- Reverse mortgages is the hot new retirement planning tool
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.