I am a member of a few groups/community pages on Facebook and often people and newcomers to the Seattle area would ask: "Where is the best place to go to see Christmas lights and experience the Holiday Cheer?"
I LOVE Christmas! To be helpful and to make your choice easy, I have listed my TOP 5 picks where you can enjoy and feel the cheer and the Holiday Spirit.
1. The Lights of Christmas, Stannwood, WA - (www.thelightsofchristmas.com)
This is located the the Warm Beach Camp in Stanwood, WA. About an hour to 1.5 hours drive from Seattle. You haven't experienced the Christmas magic, until you have been here! They have millions of Christmas lights that you can enjoy. The kids can enjoy the train ride, talk to Bruce the Spruce (the talking Christmas tree), visit Hansel & Gretel's house, make ornaments at the Santa's workshop and browse through the gift store. There are live performances as well. If you prefer to stay overnight, a few lodging options are also available.
2. Leavenworth, WA - (http://www.leavenworth.org/event/5286)
The Christmas lighting ceremony is one of the best around the Washington state. Thousands of people come every year to enjoy the unity of the town and experience the Christmas magic. You can either take a charter bus trip or drive your own car. No matter what, it is a trip worth making starting the first weekend of December. And who can miss the German food temptation? From bratwurst to pork shank, your appetite will be satisfied.
3. Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle WA - (https://www.zoo.org/wildlights#.WBEYMeMrLIU)
Woodland Park Zoo is a popular destination all year round, but around the Christmas holidays, it becomes magical. Many families come here to view the hundreds of Christmas lights shaped in different forms and illuminating the alleys. You can take a ride on the carousel or enjoy a snowball (fake) fight in one of the buildings.
4. Garden D'Lights, Bellevue Botanical Garden, Bellevue, WA -(http://www.gardendlights.org/)
Each year, volunteers beautify the Botanical garden with plants made out of Christmas lights. You may find some critters peeking through the bushes and shining bright at you. It is fun for the whole family. It is located right at your back yard.
5. Point Defiance Zoo, Tacoma, WA -(http://www.pdza.org/calendar?cid=363) - This is the place to come to experience the colorful Winter wonderland. With 3D animal lights displays, you can impress anyone who is here to visit you. The event starts last week of November. The kids always have a blast here.
You can check my website for more blogs at www.bellevuebestproperties.com