It's that time of the year again! Time for some serious buyers to come to town and find a new to them Athens, GA home just in time for celebrating the holidays in the Classic City of the South!
It's hard to believe that there are only a few more weeks until Thanksgiving and Christmas will follow so closely after! We've barely had a fall, with record setting sunny days in the 90's last week but none the less fall is here in Athens, GA with some leave just turning!
Some people wonder why we gear up for another round of serious buyers in the fall....because some real estate agents will tell you: "peak selling season is in the spring".
But, in Athens, GA we see a lot of visitors over the fall and winter who are considering a move to the area & seriously shopping for a new home!
Some of the reasons we hear from folks wanting to move to Athens are:
- we have grandchildren near here
- is it is a small town atmosphere with plenty to do
- foodies delight with some of the most diverse food choices in the South
- we have an ice skating rink November - February
- the opportunities of living in town with the University of Georgia
- temperate weather, but all 4 seasons show up
- the music scene ~ Athens, GA is home to REM, the B52's, & more. The live music scene in Athens, GA is thriving and awesome
I could fill a page with great reasons to move to Athens, GA, but instead I'll just tell you that the housing opportunities are great also! Ranging from intown condos, affordable starter homes, to luxury estates, & nearby farm and homesteads, we can help you find the perfect property for your new Athens, GA home.
So we wish you a happy fall and a fabulous upcoming holiday season, and if you are considering calling Athens your new home, please contact us - we would love to be of service!
Oh, and you can search the Athens GA MLS right here - just like I do, to get a feel for what is available in the area.
Michelle DeRepentigny, Broker
Serving Athens, GA and the surrounding market area