Excellent Forests & Wildlife in Polk County Wisconsin
Polk County is not only the county where I grew up at but also the home of some very nice Forestland and Wildlife.
This lovely county is a hot-spot for people from the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St Paul) with a short drive from the big city to a rural forest paradise.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own some very nice forest land in this county and they are quite happy with the quality wildlife and forests here.
Polk County is home to nearly 280 thousand acres of forest land, Most of which is private land.
Most of this forest land is Very Exceptional Quality Red Oak comprising over 150 thousand acres. Secondary forestland types include Northern Hardwoods (Maple, Ash, Basswood) with 40 thousand acres of Northern Hardwoods. Aspen forests come in third with around 30 thousand acres of this forest type.
Over all the Forests of this county are exceptional in quality.
In addition to producing income for our clients these forests are also great habitat for high quality Deer, Grouse, Turkeys, Bears, Wolves, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Polk County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland