If you just got your real estate license,first off congrats! I have passed not one but two license exams. An associate license in Tennessee and my brokers exam in Florida. Real Estate is an amazing career. The opportunities are endless and if you succeed it can be very rewarding. I hope this advice helps you along the way.
1) You may be new to sales or you may have tons of sales experience. One thing to remember is that a lot of the top 1% of agents are not only some of the best sales associates you'll meet, but they are also machines. Waking up early is not only a necessity. Most don't even need an alarm clock to wake up around their desired time. Make a work schedule, become a creature of habits, and stick to it.
2) Don't let any other agents negativity bring you down. Omg, you would not believe how negative some agents out there are. Please surround yourself with positive and influential people. They will happily help you along the way. And don't forget to pay it forward to others once you get your feet wet.
3) You are in sales! Don't ever forget that. More than likely you are also on straight commission. It's sink or swim in this business and if I were you I would get potential clients on the phone and start talking.
4) Know your product. Why are you the best? Why are you better than their friend who has been in the business 30 years and also a portfolio file about as tall as your vehicle. Develop a pitch through trial and error. Don't be afraid to tweak it. Don't be afraid of rejection.
5) And finally...have fun! The lifestyle around real estate is filled with being social and enjoying the presence of others in your business. Find some top agents in your area and get to know them!