November 15th is America Recycles Day!
Many people wonder: "Why should we recycle?"
There are many reasons, but here are out top 5!
1) - Saves Energy - If we recycle and reuse products, we have to make less new products. Lower productions equals less energy. Less energy means we are fighting against climate change!
2) - Save Money - Recycling allows us to have less dependency on new products. When recycling is successfully done on a large scale money saved can have a huge impact
3) - Reduction in Pollution - When we can lower our production amounts we can also lower the amount of harmful gasses being released into the air. Manufacturing is a large cause of pollution
4) - Reduction in Landfills - If everyone would do their part to recycle, less items would end up in our landfills. Our landfills are filling up fast and take up hundreds of square miles. We can play a huge role in reducing the size of landfills by recycling.
5) - Material Conservation - By recycling we are reducing the use of raw materials. If we recycle more paper, less trees will get cut down.
As you can see - there are many reasons to recycle and to take the pledge this year and participate in America Recycles Day!
Follow Us For More Fun Blogs!