In today’s digital world, it can be tempting to write off real estate print marketing and other “old school” farming and outreach tactics as being outdated.
Surely everyone wants to receive things via email and text these days, right? And social media is surely the best way to reach your audience?
Now, we’re not against email, text messaging, or social media marketing. But print marketing for real estate is far from dead.
Surprising Statistics About Print Marketing in Real Estate
Good marketing has several characteristics. It is focused on the right people, has the right message, and comes at the right time.
To be well received, it must seem personal. The person who receives it should feel like it applies specifically to them.
Finally, it should stand out. Your message must get noticed.
What you may not realize is that “snail mail”, or direct print marketing, checks all these boxes. Here are some statistics that may surprise you.
- 70% of Americans say that direct mail is more personal than email. The impression is that direct mail takes more effort and that email can more easily be “spammed”.
- 39% of customers try a new business for the first time because of direct mail.
- A full 50% of US consumers prefer direct mail over email. I mean really, who needs more email?
- A USPS study showed that over 60% of direct mail recipients were influenced to visit a promoted website.
- 70% - 80% of consumers polled in 2014 say they open most of their direct mail, including “junk mail”.
- A whopping 92% of young shoppers say that they prefer direct mail for making purchase decisions.
Direct mail is far from dead. It’s still being opened and read, and recipients are taking action based on the contents.
In fact, when you use real estate marketing postcards for your direct mail marketing, they don’t even have to open an envelope! Your message is front and center right away.
The fact is, everyone is overwhelmed with emails. There is far less competition in the mailbox than there ever has been. Use direct mail to get noticed in your real estate focus area!
How to Effectively Use Print Marketing for Real Estate
Sorry if this rains on your parade, but direct mail requires persistence and consistency, like all other forms of marketing.
The good news is, effective print marketing for real estate is relatively simple. And if you have trouble keeping up with the mailing schedule, you can outsource it easily without spending a fortune.
Here are some ideas for print marketing with real estate. Feel free to mix and match!
- Once a month “New in the Neighborhood” postcard. This postcard can highlight community events, news, and upcoming holidays.
- Once a month “Neighborhood Property Values” postcard. This postcard would highlight market activity and improvements/declines in property values. There would be a clear invitation for them to contact you for a personal home assessment.
The “Just Listed/Just Sold” series. We wrote a few months ago about a four-postcard series that helps you highlight and brag about your listings. You can use Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) to blanket the area.
- Coming Soon
- Just Listed
- Open House
- Just Sold
- Seasonal and Holiday Postcards. You can choose to send a postcard a month with a seasonal, fun message, or you can just choose one holiday a quarter to feature. You can even just send one holiday postcard per year. It’s up to you!
The key with making print marketing for real estate effective is that you choose a schedule and stick to it. Like I said before, I know the mailings take time. If you don’t have the time, Printerbees is here to help!
Not only can we print the postcards for you to mail, we can print them and mail them for you. You’ll never wake up in the middle of the night realizing you missed your mailing target date again!
Print marketing is still effective and there’s far less competition than there is on social media or email. If you’re ready to start your postcard marketing strategy, let us help! We have dozens of templates to choose from.
How do you execute print marketing? Share in the comments!