For God’s sake, not everything you read in the Internet is True!
As a matter of fact there is lots of misinformation in the net. I would like to present a guideline to avoid the handling and repeating fallacious information
1. Don’t take for granted the headlines, please get in and READ the content, you will be surprise how mist of the time the headline does not correspond to the information of the article or the post.
2. Verify the source. Anyone can write and post whatever they want. Any article that posts facts, figures or quotes should provide a source for that information. If there is no backup for their claims, move on.
3. When it came out? Watch out for recycled stories. One thing that seems to be feeding into the misinformation problem is when old stories are being presented as happening now. You can set up your search in Google clicking on search tools and then selecting PAST HOUR, PAST 24, PAST WEEK …….. This will eliminate these old stories which are not relevant anymore.
4. Look for unbiased sites. There is nothing wrong by taking a position on a story. What is wrong is when these ideas are taken as unbiased fact, and repeated until they get in the cycle. For instance communists do this all the time.
5. Pay attention to the different comments, especially those that come from your sphere of influence, they may guide you to find the right facts about that article.