MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE LOCK ADVISORY
November 17, 2016, 7:45 AM PT
- 1-15 Day Close: LOCK
- 16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
Reverse Mortgages Provide Senior Financial Security.
- Average 30-Yr FRM, up 0.37 points to 3.94% on 11-17-16
- Rate Price Based on 3% MBS, Up 0.08 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Currently, $18,855.78, Down ($12.36) -0.07%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Up 0.082%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $45.85, Up $0.28
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,228.20, Up $1.60
MARKET REPORTS & ANALYSIS
- Rate Lock Advisory. We've enjoyed two days of slightly lower rates since mortgage rates posted their biggest weekly increase since June 2013. Rate prices are almost unchanged early this morning after being down 0.06 Wednesday. LOCK on weak downward rate pressure.
- Today's Market Data: The housing and jobs data is much better than expected, particularly with Continuing Claims dipping below 2M. CPI was basically inline with estimates.
- Yesterday's Mortgage Market: prices for rates based on Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) closed down 0.06 point in a volatile day
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.94 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending November 17, 2016, up from last week when it averaged 3.57 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.97 percent.
- Thursday AM Brief
- Major trade groups urge Congress to renew two major homeowner tax provisions
- HUD: FHA MMI Fund is 'Financially Sound'.
- Housing starts see greatest leap in nearly a decade
- A New Chapter: The Trump Effect on Regulation
- Beware CFPB "mystery shoppers"
- Financial planners warming to reverse mortgages
- Fannie and Freddie Lowering Underwriting Barriers
- Mortgage Brokers are Grabbing a Larger Market Share
I might wake up early and do some exercise, or I might win the lotto, the odds are the same.
Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently confirm wiring instructions in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number. Never wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.