If you're not in the mood to do one of Charlotte area's many Turkey Trots on Thanksgiving Day morning, why not go to Charlotte's Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade--a Charlotte tradition since 1947! Charlotte’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is billed as one of the oldest in the nation and the fourth-largest in the country. In 2012 The US News & World Report included the parade on its list of "America’s Best Thanksgiving Day Parades." And visittheusa.com lists Charlotte's Thanksgiving Day Parade as one of the top seven in the country, as well.
100,000+ Charlotteans are expected to attend the parade, which will also be broadcast into 1.5 million households around the region. You can watch the parade on TV on WBTV at 1:00 pm. Or download the app for the Charlotte Thanksgiving Day Parade and watch it live that way. Time Warner Cable On-Demand will also broadcast the parade on Christmas Day.
The Thanksgiving Day parade will include dance and choral performances, some 16 marching bands from around the region, huge floats, balloons and some of your favorite characters. Anthony Hamilton, a Charlotte native and Grammy winning R&B singer, will be grand marshal for this year’s parade. Think of it as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Charlotte-style! (And the weather is sure to be balmier than in New York City!)
Want front row seats to watch? Tickets are $15 and you can purchase tickets in advance.
PARTICIPATING BANDS INCLUDE:
• Drills of Hope, Charlotte, NC
• East Burke High School Cavalier Marching Band, Connelly Springs, NC
• Garinger High School Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• George Washington High School Marching Band, Washington, NC
• Greenville CYO Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• Independence High School Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• Lenoir Rhyne University Marching Band, Hickory, NC
• North Lincoln High School Band of Knights, Lincolnton, NC
• Queen City Juvenile Pipes and Drums, Charlotte, NC
• River Oaks Academy Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• The Bailey Brass Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• The Bailey Marching Concert Band, Charlotte, NC
• The Charlotte District Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• UNC Charlotte Pride of Niner Nation Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• Vance High School Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
• West Mecklenburg High School Marching Band, Charlotte, NC
Parade Route: The parade will march north on Tryon Street from Stonewall Street to 9th Street.
Performanc Area: will be at Tryon Street and Levine Avenue of the Arts.
Date/Time: Thursday, November 24th beginning at 9:30am.
If you've never been to Charlotte's Thanksgiving Day Parade, why not come out on Thanksgiving Day morning and start your own Thanksgiving Day tradition!
This update about Charlotte's Thanksgiving Day Parade is brought to you courtesy of Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with RE/MAX Executive, your Charlotte metro area real estate consultants.
If you are considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte metro area, I would love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to prove to you that: