Lynnwood Entry Sign[/caption] It is not unusual for people to think Lynnwood is a subdivision since the sign at the primary entrance on Old Bridge Road is different than the signs at the entry to the other sections of Lake Ridge. But Lynnwood really is different since it is the only section of Lake ridge with homes sited on lots that are both heavily treed and at least one half acre. There were three builders responsible for the majority of the homes
- Long (our Lynnwood home was built by Long Homes)
The final few homes on Valleywood Drive were built by VanMetre E
Edgewood, one of the five Lake Ridge pools is located in Lynnwood
One of the popular features about Lake Ridge is that all schools attended by Lake Ridge children are in Lake Ridge. No elementary school is more than 5 or 6 minutes from the student's home. In the case of Lynnwood, all three grade level schools are within one or two blocks of the entrance to Lynnwood.Since school boundaries may be altered in the future we have included a link to the public school locator.
- Old Bridge Elementary
- Lake Ridge Middle
- Woodbridge Senior High School
- Lake Ridge School Video
- Prince William County School Locator
- Express bus service to the Pentagon and Washington, DC is available within Lake Ridgeand at the entrance to Lake Ridge in the VDOT Commuter Lot
- Carpools usually meet at the VDOT Commuter Lot at the entrance to Lake Ridge - see Omnimatch for more specific details
- Slugging (some erroneously call it hitching a ride which it is) is a result of the need to use HOV lanes on the I-95 as much as possible. Commuters form a line at a designated Slug Line Stop in Lake Ridge- the VDOT Commuter at the Lake Ridge entrance. For example, a driver will pull up headed for the Pentagon, but needs one more passenger to qualify for HOV-3. The first person in line going to the Pentagon will join the others in the car and away they go. It's free commuting for the slugger and gives the driver availability to HOV lanes on I-95 - win win!!
- Train The Virginia Railway Express Woodbridge Stationwith rail service to Springfield, Crystal City and Union Station in Washington, DC is approximately a 20 minute drive from Lake Ridge in the morning rush hour.
- At Springfield you can switch to Metrorail that gives you access to the entire National Capital Area subway system.
- Local buses run regulary throughout the Greater Woodbridge area as well as other areas of Prince William County. Lake Ridge is one of the communities served by Omnilink
- MCB Quantico is less than 30 minutes by car
- Fort Belvoir is approximately 30 minutes by car
- Prince William County Commuting VIDEO
- Tacketts Mill located at the entrance to Lake Ridge was the first of the three centers. In addition to the normal complement of retail stores it includes commercial office space. It's here you'll find McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins
- Lake Ridge Commons at Old Bridge Road and Hedges Run Drive is about midway through Lake Ridge. It has our one and only Starbucks
- Festival at Old Bridge is also on Old Bridge Road near the western end of Lake Ridge at Smoketown Road. It has the Lake Ridge US Post Office Annex
The Kruschkas are long term Prince William County residents with more than 30 years experience as real estate professionals serving Woodbridge, Manassas, Dumfries, Manassas Park, Bristow, Brentsville, Gainesville and Haymarket
Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS
If you plan to buy or sell a Prince William County home or property contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-499-9279. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.