Before putting your property on the market, ensure that it is in its best state possible. Neglecting a property that you intend to sell is one of the greatest mistake people make. The truth is, avoiding to do certain low cost repairs can chop off thousands of dollars in the amount you eventually sell it for. In the same way you dress to impress in a job interview, you should also go out of your way to present your property in the best way possible. To do this, consider the following:
1. Evaluate the state of your property
List down all the problems with the house such as chipped or faded paint, rotting wood, broken windows etc. If need be, hire an expert to do the estimate of what it will cost you to do the repairs.
2. Decide how much you are willing to spend
Unless the damage is extensive, it is not advisable to spend so much money on repairs if you are going to sell the house. What you need to do is to prioritize problems and list them in two categories: according to cost and priority.
3. Determine the problems to fix
It is possible that you will not be in a position to fix all those problems you have listed above. This is where you determine the issues to address. Go for low-cost, high return fixes for instance a fresh coat of paint. Remember to address deal breakers such as broken windows.
4. Decide how to get the repairs done
You can opt to do the repairs yourself or hire a professional contractor to do it for you.
5. Invest in your kitchen
It is the major selling feature of a property, so invest some resources here.
6. Research on property prices
Before listing your property for sale, check the market trends to have an idea of the price you will put on your own.
7. Spruce up the landscape
Remember first impressions matter so it does not matter if the interior looks amazing, if the exterior is not it will put many potential buyers away, so prune plants, trees and hedges, mow the lawn and also plant some flowers.
8. Upgrade light fixtures
This is one thing that makes it easy to tell when the property was built or remodeled last. Choosing to upgrade will increase the overall value of your property.
If you cannot do it yourself, hire a professional to clean up every corner of your property
10. Take pictures
Use a high quality camera to take pictures of the newly renovated property
As you can see, these are easy to do things that will produce extraordinary results when taken into account.
Contact Yuliya Kachko with ONE Sotheby's International Realty for more information about luxury Miami Beach, Bal Harbour and Sunny Isles Beach real estate.
Luxury Estate Broker Associate
ONE Sotheby's International Realty
Yuliya Kachko ONE Sotheby's International Realty Specialties Include: Sunny Isles Oceanfront Condominiums, Bal Harbour Oceanfront Condominiums, Miami Beach Oceanfront Condominiums, South Beach Oceanfront Condominiums, Hallandale Beach Oceanfront Condominiums, Hollywood Oceanfront Condominiums, Fisher Island Oceanfront Condominiums and waterfront single family home communities including Miami Beach Homes, Star Island Homes, Palm Island Homes, Indian Creek Homes, Sunset Islands Homes, Venetian Islands Homes, Pinetree Drive Homes, La Gorce Island Homes, Allison Island Homes, Golden Beach Homes, Hollywood FL Homes, Bal Harbour Homes.
Miami and South Florida Best Developments
Yuliya Kachko ONE Sotheby’s International Realty presents the latest best oceanfront projects in Miami, penthouses for sale Miami, preconstruction condos in Miami and South Florida. See below some of the best oceanfront real estate developments in Miami.
- Prive Aventura - Expected completion 2017.
- Marina Palms – Expected completion 2016.
- Bellini Williams Island - Completed January 2014.
- Echo Aventura – Completed January 2016.
Oceana Bal Harbour – Expected completion 2017.
St Regis Bal Harbour – Recently Completed in 2012.
- ONE Bal Habour - Recently renovated. Completed in 2007.
- Majestic Tower Bal Harbour - Completed 1998.
- Bellini Bal Harbour - Completed 2005.
- Park Grove – Expected Completion 2018.
Grove at Grand Bay – Recently Completed 2016.
- Grovenor House Coconut Grove - Recently Complete 2016.
- Trump Hollywood - Completed in 2009.
- Diplomat Hollywood - Completed in 2006.
- Hyde Beach – Expected completion 2017.
One Thousand Museum – Expected completion in 2018.
Missoni Baia – Expected completion 2018.
One River – Expected completion 2019.
- Aston Martin Residences - Expected completion 2021.
- Eighty Seven Park - Expected completion 2017.
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Miami Beach - Expected completion 2016.
- L'Atelier Miami Beach - Expected completion 3rd quarter 2017.
- Faena House – Recently Completed 2016.
- Setai Miami - Completed 2004.
- Fasano Shore Club Miami Beach - Expected completion 2018.
- 1 Hotel & Homes – Recently Completed 2016.
- Edition Residences – Recently Completed 2016.
- Beach House 8 – Recently Completed 2016.
- Bath Club - Completed 2005.
- Carillon Miami Beach - Completed 2007.
- W Miami Beach - Completed 2007.
- Glass Miami Beach -Completed 2016.
- Continuum Miami Beach - Completed 2002.
- Apogee Miami Beach - Completed 2008.
- Murano Grande - Completed 2003.
- Icon Souh Beach - Completed 2005.
- Portofino Tower - Completed 1997.
- Murano at Portofino - Completed 2002.
- Il Villaggio - Completed 1999.
- Regalia Miami - Opened June 2014.
- Acqualina - Completed 2006.
- Mansions at Acqualina - Opened January 2016.
- Porsche Design Tower - Expected completion 2016.
- Chateau Beach Residences – Recently completed in 2016.
- 400 Sunny Isles - Opened early 2016.
- Jade Signature - Expected completion 2017.
- MUSE - Expected completion 2017.
- Turnberry Ocean Club - Expected completion 2018.
- Armani Residences - Expected completion late 2017.
- Estates at Acqualina - Expected completion in 2020 Phase A.
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Sunny Isles Beach - Expected completion 2018.
- Aurora Sunny Isles – Expected completion 2019.
- Parque Towers – Expected completion 2017.
- Jade Beach - Completed 2008.
- Jade Ocean - Completed 2009.
- Turnberry Ocean Colony - Completed 2007.
- Trump Royale - Completed 2008.
- Trump Palace - Completed 2006.