Went out on Appraisal appointment. Realtor met me there and gave me a folder of information. She must have been reading my newsletters :) as it included everything I have previously discussed.
She showed me what she had in the folder and then left me to my job. She did not hover over me or follow me around.
Attention all Realtors if you do the same thing you will be serving your Sellers well. Below is list of what she gave to me.
1. Prior Appraisal Report ( it was a pre-listing appraisal)
2. List of what improvements were done prior to and even during the listing period including COSTS and Dates.
3. Sellers Disclosure Statement
4. Inspection report on the HVAC System
5. FMLS sheets of the comps with color photos printed off and she INCLUDED notes on the sheets telling me what the differences were with these sales compared to the Subject property.
6. Copy of Termite Report.
7. Copy of her own Comparative Market Analysis.
8. SHE Is using the 2nd Gen Website that I have discussed in prior classes, which has accurate Square footage information as this data source comes from prior Appraiser measurements on these homes. She printed off a 2nd Gen sheet for all the Comparable Sales she included.
** The outside of the Folder said "Appraiser Folder...Take with you and Call if you have any questions" along with her card attached.
** CONSIDER THIS: IF YOU PROVIDE ALL THIS FACTUAL INFORMATION AND THE REPORT LACKS THIS, IT PROVIDES YOU WITH A GOOD REASON FOR A REBUTTAL. REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT HELPING THEM TO DETERMINE MARKET VALUE....THAT IS THEIR JOB, YOU ARE PROVIDING GOOD FACTUAL INFORMATION THAT THE APPRAISER SHOULD BE REVIEWING BEFORE DETERMINING MARKET VALUE FOR THE SUBJECT.
DO this for all your listings and I can just about guarantee you that you will get the MOST out of your listings come appraisal time.
JOB WELL DONE!!!
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: ActiveRain Community
- The Appraisal Process - From A to Z
- Posts to Localism
- Addicted to Active Rain
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!