Goals Checkup - Are your 2017 Goals
SMART and Balanced?
Most of us should have our Goals set for 2017 by now and I am sure that all of you fine folks out in Active Rain land do, but that does not mean that we dont need to do a regular review of those goals.
One of my goals for this year has been to spend at least an hour every Monday, pulling out my goals and plans and doing a review to see how I am doing and get back on track.
So in the interest of this I thought I would share a little video made by Erica Olson on creating SMART Goals, along with notes on this topic.
Are your goals ‘SMART’?
- Are they well defined and clear.
- Not specific
- Become debt free
- Pay off $30,000 in credit cards and $33,000 in student loans
- You need to quantify your objectives so you can measure your achievement
- How much?
- How many?
- How will I know when it is accomplished?
- Not specific
- Get fit
- Lose 25 pounds
- Have cholesterol of less than 200
- Run 5 miles 3 times a week
- Are your goals resonable and attainable?
- Your goals must be realistic
- You can't have world peace tomorrow
- Is it possible to become millionaire in a year, can you detail how you will get there?
- Set real goals not unrealistic dreams
- Your goals must be aligned with your core values (Franklin Planner does this well)
- Who you are and what's important to you?
- Will your goals bring you closer to your values or conflict with what is important to you?
- Time Sensitive
- You think, act and react with the urgency and appropriate energy defined by the task
- Deadlines create challenge, and you will inherently respond to the challenge
Are your goals Balanced?
- Look back at your goals and be sure they represent each area of your life in a balanced way.
- Many people become successful in one area of life, but are utter failures in many other areas
- True achievement and life fulfillment happens when you have success...
- at home
- in your career
- in your spiritual life
- in all areas that are important to you.
- Be sure you are giving appropriate attention to all critical areas of your life
picture credit "Success Concept" by jscreationzs http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/agree-terms.php?id=10027150