Whitetail Deer & Turkey Haven in Quality Pine Forests of Wood County Wisconsin!
|Wood County Wis Forest Land Report December 2016|
26 properties 10 acres or larger have recently sold.
Prices ranged between $23k and 450 thousand dollars.
Too bad that you missed these deals, give me a call and we can get you in on the future deals.
37 propertie 10 acres or larger are currently available.
Prices range from $15k to 879 thousand.
Lets not miss out on any of these, call me soon!
At first glance you may think of Wood County as being rather urban with two cities at each end of the county, but it is a very heavily forested wild place everywhere inbetween.
It is a great place to raise pines which is one of the reasons why you see the Wisconsin River lined with paper mills in this region.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own a fair amount of forest land in this county and they are impressed with the bountiful wildlife and timber here.
Wood County is home to 235 thousand acres of forest land, most of which is private land.
Most of this forest land is poor quality Oak and High Quality Pine with nearly 70 thousand acres of Oak forests which provide premium deer and turkey habitat and another 70 thousand acres of quality Red and Jack Pine forests which provide good winter habitat for the wildlife and good income for the forest landowners.
These forests are not only good for producing income for our clients and great habitat for Deer and Turkeys, but it also provides good habitat for many other wild animals like Bear, Wolves, Grouse, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Wood County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland