With so very many real estate agents for home buyers to choose from what are you doing to set yourself apart?
In our market Buyers tend to shop on line, and actually drive the property before they ever want to see the inside of a home. Your area may be different... Here are some tips I use for successful sales and keeping my Buyers close.
My first appointment with a prospective Buyer includes these steps:
- Discussion of purchase terms, types of loans, cash (availability) andpre approval.
- I explain the importance of each of these items.
- In our area many homes sell using government financing, but not all homes qualify.
- If cash... negotiating BEST terms may involve a fast closing - $$ will need to be at the ready and not have a 30 day notice requirement BEFORE any availability.
- Not all pre approvals are equal speaking with the lender will determine how valid the pre-approval letter really is...
- Reviewing of the purchase agreement... Not all disclosures BUT the entire agreement.
- Explanations regarding terms, time limitations and inspections.
- We review cancellation times and possibilities.
- We also review a Buyer's Estimated Closing Statement to determine that amount of cash needed to close based on an estimated purchase price. This is important:
- Buyers don't always understand the difference between cash to close and down payment.
- This helps me to determine various types of financing and how to best structure the purchase contract.
- Buyers need and like to understand where their closing dollars go...
- Down payment
- Closing costs
- Lender fees
- Once this review between us is completed my buyers understand:
- I'm a professional Realtor
- What to expect and what the "process" will encompass
- They see my commitment since I have already invested several hours of time with them BEFORE we have seen a single property.
- Expectations are set for the actual purchase when the property is identified.
My New Buyer Kit includes:
- a pocket folder containing-
- Copy of contract
- Digital ink/ziplogic/doc u sign instructions
- List of potential inspections
- List of costs for the most used inspections
- List of references/recomendations
- Business card
- Thank you letter, with best contact information.
- A small stack of extra business cards to give to agents IF they happen accross an Open House without me, and to give to friends who are looking for a GREAT Realtor- me!
We all work differently, these are my own personal "Best Practices" for home Buyers which I modify from time to time. I hope you find them helpful for you as well.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: ActiveRain Community
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!