The one trend from 2016 no one wants to continue is the length of time it takes close a sale. New banking regulations, a nightmare called TRID and such are all equally part to blame. Some may be asking what am I talking about? Home owners looking to sell their homes right away in 2017, and they are ready to try anything to sell it. While some homes listed sell in mere days others may never sell at all. It may take a New Years resolution for Home Sellers to change their ways, skip the short cuts, skip the out of town listing agents and do not leave your home sale up to chance.
THE TOP 10 NEW YEAR RESOLUTION FOR SELLERS
1. Avoid listing with your friend from works wife, who just got her license and wants to learn how to sell homes by listing your home.
2. Avoid out of town agents who caught your attention with their big flashy TV commercial that's says if they don't sell it,m they will buy it.... Really?
3. Avoid the thought on not bothering to clean or removing the clutter because you think buyers wont notice..
4. Avoid postponing or not allowing buyers in to see your home when they want to see the home. Without a showing there can be no offer.
5. Avoid choosing the agent who gives you the highest value, perhaps one way over what any neighbors houses have sold for. It is to get your listing but if you want the home sold, price it right to start.
6. Avoid agents who do not enter a complete listing in MLS, and who do not put in a realistic description. As well avoid an agent who fails to use plenty of good photos showing off it's special features.
7. If you see something that needs to be fixed, fix it. Don't think the buyer wont notice the screen door still that hangs off its hinges
8. If you have pets, clean up after them. Don't think the buyer wont notice the spots where your pet "did their business" on the carpet which may be still there,
9. Don't think that a quick offer is bad. Sometimes the best offer is the first offer. Never say "it was too soon" to accept that almost full price offer we got right after listing and here we are 6 months later with no other offers.
10. Avoid demanding to be home for every showing and avoid trying to follow the buyer around as they look at the home.
In the end "The MORAL to this story" is that a great agent can bring great results.
THE BOTTOM LINE is that the BEST way to go about any home sale or purchase is to know that the consumer should not choose just any agent. All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest. By using a philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process, I can help you find your dream home or sell your property.
To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com .
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 30 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area.We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs. Servicing Hillsborugh, Rockingham, Merrimack and Belknap counties.